• Samsung Ready to Challenge iPhone 6 with Galaxy Alpha

With less than one month remaining until Apple unveils its long awaited iPhone 6, Samsung is hoping to gain some early momentum on the refreshed iPhone by showing off its newest smartphone -- the Galaxy Alpha.

Available to consumers in September, Galaxy Alpha is seen by many analysts as the company's latest attempt to curtail its dwindling market share.

The new Android device, we're told, serves up a sophisticated design in a compact body with a metal frame and a solid finish. "At less than 7 mm thick, the Galaxy Alpha is also one of the slimmest Galaxy devices ever, and its uniquely compact construction and light weight provides consumers with maximum in-hand grip and control," Samsung boasts.

The Galaxy Alpha will initially be available in 5 colors: Charcoal Black, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Sleek Silver, and Scuba Blue.

The device is equipped with a brilliant 4.7-inch HD Super AMOLED display as well as an advanced camera and real time HDR for an unrivaled viewing and photo experience. The Galaxy Alpha also includes innovative and popular features such as Ultra-Power Saving Mode, S Health, Finger Print Scanner, Private Mode and connectivity with the latest Samsung Gear Fit, Gear Live and Gear 2 wearables.
    Looking for the price tag? Well, that hasn't been set yet. But we're bound to know soon enough.

To learn more about the Galaxy Alpha, check out Samsung's official launch release here.

Source: Samsung
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Samsung Ready to Challenge iPhone 6 with Galaxy Alpha started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
      Silverado1987 -
      The bottom right kinda looks like an iPhone 5 lol. I'm not trying to be one of those guys but it just does.
      Bo -
      ^Agree, looks a lot like iPhone to me also.
      Frankiehr -
      Looks nicer
      King_O_Hill -
      If that home button was round, that could be the new iPhone 6!
      CtKiDd78 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      The bottom right kinda looks like an iPhone 5 lol. I'm not trying to be one of those guys but it just does.
      No BS it really does! I'll bet this will never make it to the states! Apple would have a field day with them!
      hitman10 -
      Its funny when people say your phone copies mine or blah blah blah, when lots of phones are ment to look like the iphone.
      mlee19841 -
      Looks clean. They just need to fix the bogged down touch wiz lag. The galaxy s5 is almost their.
      Jahooba -
      Looks just like the iPhone. Why am I not surprised?

I think the screen is only 1280x720.
      Gcruz -
      Samsung trying to copy iPhone! What's new? Lol
      Silverado1987 -
      Phone looks good though. Anybody wanting to photoshop the home button into a circle? Lol
      thazsar -
      I'm not sure what this video of the Alpha is promoting...
      Gcruz -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Looks like it's promoting how thin it is lol
      Jozelito617 -
      U no is sexy! U no u like it ... Why check the picture lol ..u no like me u will go to attnt , sprint, verizon store to check it out lol .. U know lol
      Nuff Said -
      When did they start adding the little camera button in the corner?
      Nerd -
      Samung alpha and iphone 5s side by side.

Galaxy Apha vs iPhone 5s: ngoại thất | Tinhte.vn
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      First it looks like its promoting that they are offering the same colors as the iPhone 5s. Second it looks like that you can set it up on its side so you don't have to look at the face of it. I think it's a solid campaign!
      Al226 -
      Looks like an iPhone. Apple, get'em!!
      Christophxr -
      It looks like Samsung saw the iPhone 6 mockups and decided, "Yeah, let's make that! Then we'll brag about how we did it 'first'!"

Look, there's even a camera slider on the bottom right. Are you f'in kidding me?
      nudge2232 -
      Looks like an iPhone running Android.
      jackbauerctu -
      I think it needs a few changes. How about a round home button, iOS 8, and an apple logo on the back side?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook