• Pangu Untether Package Updated to Version 0.3 With Sandbox Fixes [Updated]

An update for the Pangu untether package in Cydia is now available under the Changes tab in the Cydia application for those that have jailbroken their iOS 7.1, 7.1.1, or 7.1.2 device with the Pangu jailbreak tool for Mac OS X or Windows; you may need to refresh your sources to see it it's available from the Cydia/Telesphoreo repository.

Pangu 7.1-7.1.x Untether version 0.3 is now available with fixes for sandbox issues in the jailbreak. In addition to the sandbox fixes, the change log also notes that "task_for_pid(0)" has been allowed in this update.

Installing this update will require a reboot after installing, so keep that in mind. Those of you with the Pangu untether package version 0.1 or version 0.2 will want to grab this update as soon as you can.

Since the package is available in Cydia, there is no need to re-jailbreak with the Pangu jailbreak tool. If you have not jailbroken yet, you can follow this guide on jailbreaking with Pangu for Mac OS X and Windows.

Update: The package has been pulled from Cydia as it appears to have been causing issues for some users.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pangu Untether Package Updated to Version 0.3 With Sandbox Fixes started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      iYeow -
      Cool I was about to jailbreak again . Thanks
      hopethemodworx -
      Done.
      TwistedSoul -
      Saw the update, closed Cydia to check mmi about the update, went back to Cydia and it's gone. Still at 0.2 what gives?
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSoul View Post
      Saw the update, closed Cydia to check mmi about the update, went back to Cydia and it's gone. Still at 0.2 what gives?
      Your right, huh, they must have taken it down for some reason.
      Werty12 -
      Yeah what's up with that. Strange.
      XweAponX -
      It's true, it ain't there. Hm... Well they would not have done it if it wasn't some major issue.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Update: The package has been pulled from Cydia as it appears to have been causing issues for some users.
      Bo Troxell -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      So does that mean that people that installed it should uninstall it now?
      Or, only if you have issues?
      Also, what type of issues?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      So does that mean that people that installed it should uninstall it now?
      Or, only if you have issues?
      Also, what type of issues?
      Issues appear to cause respring loops, safe mode crashes, and issues with other tweaks. If you aren't having issues, then great!
      Bo Troxell -
      What I have read is it's causing safe mode crashes, issues with iFile and video issues too.
      Werty12 -
      Thank god I waited and didn't update.
      boyz.matta.ravi -
      No issues with pangu 0.3 update .
      iPhone 5s , iOS 7.1.2
      Bo Troxell -
      I updated my iPhone 5S, iPad mini retina and iPad Air and have no issues at all.
      Andy72184 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
      Cool I was about to jailbreak again . Thanks
      Don't do it, keep it at 7.0.6 there's nothing really good on the new updates.
      bbrks -
      And there is another one
      offroad1994 -
      Upgraded to this 0.3 version on my iPhone5, before cydia pulled it off. Saved me from having to re-jailbreak again. Iphone5 was acting glitchy. This 0.3 fixed it.

Assume on other platforms is where there were problems. Bet there will be a 0.4 soon. But would like more information on this and if I should just re-jailbreak

Will admit that during a full reboot (home-sleep hold down) that the iPhone5 did not boot completely. And had to do a reboot a second time. Thus why I might re-jailbreak.
      Sage I -
      Lost my jailbreak a few months back... This is the first jailbreak since 3.1.3 that I haven't jumped on... I prefer the jail broken iPhone experience way more than stock... For some reason though I have not felt compelled to do the Pangu jailbreak... Normally the day a jailbreak is out I'm on it... Now I'm contemplating on just doing the Pangu one now or just staying stock until iOS 8 is jail broken... Just not sure how I feel about the Pangu jailbreak not fully coming from our usual trusted jail breaking community...
      Werty12 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
      Lost my jailbreak a few months back... This is the first jailbreak since 3.1.3 that I haven't jumped on... I prefer the jail broken iPhone experience way more than stock... For some reason though I have not felt compelled to do the Pangu jailbreak... Normally the day a jailbreak is out I'm on it... Now I'm contemplating on just doing the Pangu one now or just staying stock until iOS 8 is jail broken... Just not sure how I feel about the Pangu jailbreak not fully coming from our usual trusted jail breaking community...
      Can you truly trust anyone you don't know? For all you know the evasion team are shady characters. It's a jailbreak, I really don't think the Pangu team is obtaining information on our phones with their jailbreak. Their not the NSA.
      SpottedBilagaana -
      Quote Originally Posted by Werty12 View Post
      Their not the NSA.
      They're not? You know this for a fact, do you? The only person who might know for sure would be a member of the NSA.
      Werty12 -
      Yes that's me. Tier 1 member of the NSA. "I'm Listening"
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook