• Apple Gives iPhone Shoppers AT&T Next Payment Option

With smartphone payment plans becoming a hot commodity across the mobile landscape, Apple is following the lead by helping to make it easier than ever to procure a new iPhone and pay it off over time.

In recent days, without much fanfare, Apple welcomed AT&T Next as a payment option for prospective iPhone buyers (great timing ahead of the iPhone 6 launch). AT&T customers now retain the option of paying for their new iPhone over a 12-18 month period.

"With AT&T Next, customers can get the newest smartphone or tablet every year with no down payment," says AT&T Mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega. "That's hard to beat, and it's an incredible value for customers who want the latest and greatest every year."

Installment payments have become the new norm for buying smartphones, particularly in overseas markets. And they could be critically important in driving iPhone 6 sales for the remainder of 2014. Apple confirms that shoppers can get a new iPhone with "no down payment" through this payment plan, although sales tax must be paid at the time of purchase.

Source: AT&T (via AppleInsider)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Gives iPhone Shoppers AT&T Next Payment Option started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      Donnutt -
      Yay!! That means I'll be able to preorder through "Next"!
      Silverado1987 -
      I've done my research and obviously the NEXT program does cost a little more money in the long run. But you do get a new phone every year. My question is it worth it?
      Carvensno -
      So basically now we can just lease a iPhone and trade up for a new one every yr LOL
      angel_92701 -
      what those this mean, we are not force to sign the 2 years contract, because its credit.?
      what i see here its two different options , one apples credit and the att .
      Rcworship -
      It's a tough call. Yes, it does allow you to get the latest phone every 12-18 months if you wish, but then you always have a payment. However, you do receive a monthly discount if you're not on a contract. We get $15 discount per phone for no contract, which they let us out of early when I changed plans. The mobile share plan I have now is only 2 GB/month, but that's all we need since we have wifi everywhere. Add an ipad and we're paying less than we have in a long time, with more features. But, we own the phones, so we get the discount that is meant to entice you to buy their phones without the 2-yr contract subsidy. I think this payment plan may work better if you finish paying the phone off, then sell the phone when upgrading. That way you don't have to just give it back. Too many considerations!
      therandy -
      I sell my iPhone every year for more than I paid for it. People ALWAYS buy it because they don't want to sign a new 2 year contract and still get "close" to the subsidy price. Their other option is to pay $500+ for an off contract device. I don't do it to take advantage either. I always set the reserve high enough to cover my new phone with tax and activation, listing fees, final value fees...and that's it, I'm happy. I'm out of pocket for 1 of my 7 iPhones...my first one in 2007 =)
      hogcia -
      You pay more with NEXT. I'll just keep using one of my 3 family lines to upgrade every year. I just keep passing down the older phones to the wife or kid. Hay, there happy & so I'm I!
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook