• Apple to Charge $400 for the iWatch

It has been reported by Re/code that Apple may be charging $400 for its wearable device, dubbed the iWatch. The report is based on unknown sources, however, weíre not entirely sure how true it is. Apple will be hosting an event on September 9th and itís expected for them to announce the iWatch along with the next generation iPhone(s). The iWatch is also expected to be available to consumers in early 2015. According to the reports:

Apple executives have discussed charging around $400 for the companyís new wearable device. Pricing has yet to be finalized for the forthcoming product, which is expected to begin shipping next year. Sources say consumers should expect a range of prices for different models including lower priced versions.
    Other competitors in the industry include Motorola, Samsung, LG, and others The competitive pricing on their devices start at around $200 plus. This means if reports of Apple charging $400 on their device were true, it would make their price point almost double of other companies. We donít know much on Appleís iWatch, but the Cupertino-based company always uses premium hardware on their devices, which may explain the higher price point. However, this case is similar to when the iPad was launched and the rumored price was $1,000. It wasnít until after that Steve Jobs announced the product starting at $499.

Weíll just have to wait until September 9th to find out more about the product and prices, and it canít come soon enough.

Sources: Re/code
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple to Charge $400 for the iWatch started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      scorpio71rick -
      $400 dollars , no thanks, I rather Velcro my iPhone to my wrist!
      nakedcrook -
      Typical Crapple...they make you pay $200 extra for the letter "i"

Crapple products are always overpriced for what you get. Smartwatches from Android OEMs are typically $200 so there is NO WAY that Crapple will match the price point.
      fleurya -
      We'll see, but I can't imagine that would be the lowest price. Maybe there will be multiple versions. I'm guessing that they'll need to have a low end model at $300 at the most to make real sales.
      rickuk -
      Going to have to cancel my gym membership to purchase this, Apple will solve all my fitness worries
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
      Pricing has yet to be finalized for the forthcoming product, which is expected to begin shipping next year
      So has actual production and/or creation of said device...!

But thanx Re/code for making up some random price to get people talking!!!
      gldoorii -
      I love "reports" like this.. "There might be an iWatch being made and maybe it will debut at the next conference, but probably won't release until next year and possibly cost 400 bucks....basically...we have no effing clue"
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by gldoorii View Post
      I love "reports" like this.. "There might be an iWatch being made and maybe it will debut at the next conference, but probably won't release until next year and possibly cost 400 bucks....basically...we have no effing clue"
      You forgot that it's expected to sell 600,000 units in the first year, as well!
      Carvensno -
      Who cares??? Just another stupid rumor!
      jeremynmo2 -
      The worst part is that I'll pay $400 for it. *sad face*
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook