• VIDEO: IKEA Hilariously Mocks Apple in New Catalog Ad

IKEA is out with a new ad that even the writers at Saturday Night Live would be proud of.

The satirical spot shows off IKEA's new paper catalog in a manner strikingly similar to how Apple dramatically presents its products, specifically its iPad.

“Once in a while, something comes along that changes the way we live, a device so simple and intuitive, using it feels almost familiar,” explains the video's presenter, Jorgen Eghammer, the “chief design guru” in the clip. “Introducing the 2015 Ikea catalog. It’s not a digital book or an e-book. It’s a book book.”

Promising an "eternal" battery, the Jony Ive knock-off character adds that “the navigation is tactile touch technology …. content comes pre-installed, via 328 high-definition pages of inspiring home furnishing ideas.”

It's hilarious and worth a look if you haven't already checked it out.

Source: IKEA
    This article was originally published in forum thread: VIDEO: IKEA Hilariously Mocks Apple in New Catalog Ad started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      edwilk55 -
      LOL! That's brilliant!
      twigwonderkid -
      Love it, what's apple going to do now on the 9th !
      Just go ahead with their Jonny Ive - chief guru ad ?
      Difficult if it goes viral
      cnnn -
      顶iKea
      Reeiiko -
      I'm disappointed that they did not call it the iKea
      nakedcrook -
      I am sure that Crapple is about to file a lawsuit against Ikea for having a "rectangular shape that users can interact with" and "use of the letter 'i' in their product".
      letoan -
      lol, this make my day.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook