• iOS 8 Will Release to the Public On September 17th as a Free Download



    If you're excited about iOS 8 like we are, then you'll be happy to hear that Apple has announced it will be released to the public next Wednesday, September 17th. The new mobile operating system will come pre-installed on all iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets that buyers will be pre-ordering and purchasing next week.

    iOS 8 comes with tons of awesome new features, like Healthkit, quick-reply, a smarter keyboard, new ways to message people with your voice, integration of phone calls and SMS with your devices, new native applications, and much more. The operating system has been in beta since the Summer.

    It's worth noting that iOS 8 will drop support for the iPhone 4. Only iPhone 4s and later can run the iOS 8 firmware. For a full list of supported devices, refer to the list below:


    • iPhone 4s
    • iPhone 5
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPod touch 5th generation
    • iPad 2
    • iPad with retina display
    • iPad Air
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Mini with retina display


    If you're jailbroken, you may want to hold off for a while, but for those that gun-ho on upgrading, stay tuned for more coverage!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 8 Will Release to the Public On September 17th as a Free Download started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Is there no new iPod touch? *sighs* I don't have the money for an iPhone.
    1. mohamsir's Avatar
      mohamsir -
      i will wait more 3 months for the jailbreak 😢
    1. bry2k2's Avatar
      bry2k2 -
      I would hope it was free, althought i wouldn't be suprised if they starte charging for it. Still a closed down useless OS.
    1. docmagoo2's Avatar
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
      I would hope it was free, althought i wouldn't be suprised if they starte charging for it. Still a closed down useless OS.
      They used to charge for iPod touch owners to upgrade. iPhone has always been a free upgrade. Typical apple
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Kinda surprised at no 4S support. I suppose it's mostly about the display support.

      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Is there no new iPod touch? *sighs* I don't have the money for an iPhone.
      I'm sure there will be at least a 4.7" Touch in the near future. Probably spring, when the production of the new phones dies down a little.

      Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
      They used to charge for iPod touch owners to upgrade. iPhone has always been a free upgrade. Typical apple
      You're not very bright, are you?? They are making all updates free from their phone up to OSX! you think they're going to start charging again now???

      Also, they never wanted to charge for iPhone OS updates to begin with. They initially had to for legal/accounting reasons. You can look it up.

      Troll somewhere else.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Is there no new iPod touch? *sighs* I don't have the money for an iPhone.
      Those are usually announced at the event that will take place next month now.

      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      Kinda surprised at no 4S support. I suppose it's mostly about the display support.
      There is support for the 4S.
    1. Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
      Kinda surprised at no 4S support. I suppose it's mostly about the display support.
      Huh? The iPhone 4s is supported, but the iPhone 4 is not.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Those are usually announced at the event that will take place next month now.
      Has this event already been announced or is it just speculation? My current iPod is in its death throes and I'm trying to decide whether or not to fork over some money to T-Mobile for a no contract iPhone or just wait.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Has this event already been announced or is it just speculation? My current iPod is in its death throes and I'm trying to decide whether or not to fork over some money to T-Mobile for a no contract iPhone or just wait.
      Yeah, sorry, I was just saying that that's what I expect due to there being an October iPad/OS X event last year and I'm pretty sure the last iPod touch was announced at that event the year before last.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Yeah, sorry, I was just saying that that's what I expect due to there being an October iPad/OS X event last year and I'm pretty sure the last iPod touch was announced at that event the year before last.
      After some quick research the iPod touch 5G was released in October, but was announced in a mention during the September event.
    1. docmagoo2's Avatar
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post



      You're not very bright, are you?? They are making all updates free from their phone up to OSX! you think they're going to start charging again now???

      Also, they never wanted to charge for iPhone OS updates to begin with. They initially had to for legal/accounting reasons. You can look it up.

      Troll somewhere else.
      Who's trolling apart from you you cretin? I was merely stating that they used to charge for iPod touch owners to upgrade, albeit a long time ago now. Who mentioned charging again in future. Please read twice before answering dickhead. And as for not being very bright I'll dispute that on the grounds that I have a medical degree (look that up) and a science degree so guess I have a smidgeon of intelligent. Idiots like you annoy me so STFU
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook