• Apple Releases iOS 8 GM

On Tuesday, following the close of Apple's September 9th special event, Apple released iOS 8 GM for those running the iOS 8 beta operating system firmware.

iOS 8 GM is going to be pretty close, if not just about the same as the public release that is supposed to be going to live next Wednesday, September 17th. It will allow those testing the firmware ahead of the public release to ensure that the operating system's most stable release is stable enough for the public, giving Apple one last chance to squash necessary bugs.

Notably, Apple is also working on a release of iOS 8.0.1, which is expected to bring even more fixes and features to the operating system, although full details on the update are unknown at this point in time.

iOS 8 will run on the following devices:

• iPhone 4s
    • iPhone 5
    • iPhone 5c
    • iPhone 5s
    • iPod touch 5th generation
    • iPad 2
    • iPad with retina display
    • iPad Air
    • iPad Mini
    • iPad Mini with retina display

iOS 8 will come pre-installed on all iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets, which will begin going on sale next Friday, September 19th. Pre-orders start this Friday, September 12th.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Releases iOS 8 GM started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
      bry2k2 -
      Mod's might want to pay a bit more attention to the posts, this was already announced on this site.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
      Mod's might want to pay a bit more attention to the posts, this was already announced on this site.
      Where at? It shouldn't have been.
      Simon -
      Moderators don't have anything to do with the stories published. Don't see where this was announced in any case.
      bmwraw8482 -
      Time to get a jailbreak ready!
      ecd5000 -
      He's confusing this with the release date of ios 8 posted earlier
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
      He's confusing this with the release date of ios 8 posted earlier
      That would make sense. Both entirely separate and different posts. One having to do with the upcoming public release, and the other having to do with the now-available GM.
      GrandMstrBud -
      Don't think so, it's greyed out
      thazsar -
      I wonder if it's already been jailbroken. It's been very quiet on that aspect which makes me think something is already brewing!
      xboxbml -
      Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
      Have to agree to more crap in dev center...downloading now..
      airstream -
      Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
      You have to agree to the new Developer licencing agreement at the top, and then it will show up
      Magnum -
      Odd, I haven't gotten an update yet.
      trevorrawson -
      Is anyone else having problems? iTunes just quits and my phone is stuck in restore mode. Every time I plug it in to the computer iTunes just quit's. Can't do anything with it and can't get my iPhone out of restore mode. Help!!! I'm running OS X Yosemite and iTunes 12
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
      Is anyone else having problems? iTunes just quits and my phone is stuck in restore mode. Every time I plug it in to the computer iTunes just quit's. Can't do anything with it and can't get my iPhone out of restore mode. Help!!! I'm running OS X Yosemite and iTunes 12
      You need to either use the xcode6 beta that is available on dev center or use a different computer with itunes 11 to install it. Gotta love betas lol (the itunes beta that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
      Odd, I haven't gotten an update yet.
      If you are on a beta iOS the GM has never been available OTA.
      Magnum -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      You need to either use the xcode6 beta that is available on dev center or use a different computer with itunes 11 to install it. Gotta love betas lol (the itunes beta that is)

If you are on a beta iOS the GM has never been available OTA.
      Well darn. This article says it should be in the settings application...booooooooo
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook