• Walmart Offering Incentives for Purchasing New Apple Devices via Preorder

For many, pre-ordering Appleís new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be the highlight of their day. However, U.S. retailer Walmart has been reported to offer an exclusive discount other smaller retailers canít and wonít. According to CNET, Walmart will be offering a discount of $20 on Appleís new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. This will make the new devices come at a starting price of $179 and $279. The requirement for this offer is a two-year contract with Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon.

The retail company will also be offering the new Apple devices for pre-order on Friday, September 12th and consumers who pre-order with Walmart will be receiving a $15 e-gift card. Consumers who are members of Samís Club will receive an additional $2 discount on either models. Competitor tech retailer RadioShack, is also offering an incentive for purchasing with them; customers will receive a free $50 iTunes gift card when purchasing the iPhone 6 with them until the 27th of September.

Are you excited for the new devices and will you be pre-ordering? Let us know below!

Source: CNET
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Walmart Offering Incentives for Purchasing new Apple Devices via Preorder started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 20 Comments
      copper_maximus -
      I'll be trying to order mine online once they go live but if I fail I'll head to Walmart.
      NewD -
      That's my approach too. The stores never sell out on preorder day.. Apple.com often sells out in first 3-4 hours. By 5am PDT Apple will sell out. But the Verizon and ATT stores, online and walk-in, won't.
      jco -
      Walmart only carries 16gb iPhones to suit their clientele. Last few releases have been this way. Also, for people in Cali, Walmart does not charge you that ridiculous inflated full price cell phone tax.
      exNavy -
      20 bucks big deal. You need to work a lot harder than that to get my money.
      mik3y08 -
      I checked with both Walmarts in my town. They knew nothing about this. I won't take my chances on waiting, I will just order through Apple tonight.
      SpiderManAPV -
      20 whole dollars? 😱 I'd pay $20 just to avoid walmart.
      RaginAsian55 -
      Also as a note: Verizon and ATT are offering $200 gift cards (may slightly vary) for 'good condition' iPhone trade ins, 4S - 5S models. This means all buttons have to work and the screen cannot be cracked. I think that's the best deal for anyone looking to upgrade their existing iPhone. Check with Verizon and ATT. Should work with either of the 2yr contract agreements and/or their early upgrade plans, EDGE and Next, respectively.
      hopethemodworx -
      Man,screw Tmobile and their stupid no subsidy prices. Not fair all the other carriers get to pay half price for two more years on contact. We get stuck paying up the *** for a dam phone when who really has $500-750 to spend on a new phone every other month...
      HovikGas -
      Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
      Man,screw Tmobile and their stupid no subsidy prices. Not fair all the other carriers get to pay half price for two more years on contact. We get stuck paying up the *** for a dam phone when who really has $500-750 to spend on a new phone every other month...
      They offer 0% financing on it and give it to you unlocked... The savings over time from paying less monthly more than make up for it
      hopethemodworx -
      I've not heard before that it's given to you unlocked. I'd rather pay $300 and be done with it. I don't see how an unlocked phone makes up for the $450+ difference.
      mrbaker1979 -
      All iPhones sold through tmobile are factory unlocked. That's an incentive in itself.
      hopethemodworx -
      Only an incentive if you plan on switching carriers. It costs $110 to unlock an iPhone. I had my i5 unlocked.
      mrbaker1979 -
      It's boosts the value should you choose to sell it.
      hopethemodworx -
      It's not much of an increase in price over locked. I'd just really like an iPhone 6 but don't want to pay full price. Though it's worth it. T-mobile offered me $230 for mine.
      SpiderManAPV -
      The money you lose to subsidies though...
      bry2k2 -
      If they pay me i might consider the thought.
      NSXrebel -
      Stupid people that don't understand subsidies, contracts, and higher rates.... SMFH
      hopethemodworx -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      Stupid people that don't understand subsidies, contracts, and higher rates.... SMFH
      I'm sorry we're not up to your high level of knowledge on the subject. Perhaps you can enlighten us instead of calling people stupid.
      blanco10kid -
      Quote Originally Posted by hopethemodworx View Post
      I've not heard before that it's given to you unlocked. I'd rather pay $300 and be done with it. I don't see how an unlocked phone makes up for the $450+ difference.
      The 450 comes into play when you're paying $45 extra each month compared to people with no contracts. It all evens out
      hopethemodworx -
      Quote Originally Posted by blanco10kid View Post
      The 450 comes into play when you're paying $45 extra each month compared to people with no contracts. It all evens out
      I never paid $45/month extra on top of my plan when I was with att. I paid $200+ tax on the new phone and that was it. Besides being locked in a 2 yr contract,there were no extra fees
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook