• Did You Pre-order an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus On Friday? [POLL]

On Friday starting at 12:01 A.M. PDT (3:01 A.M. EST), Apple and several partnering cellular carriers opened their digital doors for online pre-orders. Yes, the Web sites were slammed hard by traffic and anxious future iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pre-orders, but several were able to reserve their place in Apple's supply – others were less fortunate, and are waiting on significant shipping estimate date slips.

Both AT&T and Apple reported record-breaking iPhone sales with the pre-launch of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Apple's supply quickly diminished for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus, while those waiting to get their hands on a 4.7-inch iPhone 6 still have a chance to get their device relatively early, but supply is running thin.

Before Friday came around, we polled you guys to see how many of you were going to pre-order your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. Most of you (more than 75%) said you were going to; others weren't sure yet, while others decided to stick with what they had.

Now, we have another poll for you all! Did you order, and if so, what did you order (please cast your vote and then share your specs in the comments!)? You will need to use the forums part of our Web site to take part in the poll – it is not accessible from the News site or the ModMyi application, so visit this link, and as always, we appreciate your feedback!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Did You Pre-order an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus Yet? [POLL] started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 162 Comments
      Donnutt -
      Yes. Gold iPhone 6 128 gb. Should be here launch day! I would be interested to see the ratio of iPhones vs. iPhone Pluses sold.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      I ordered a Space Gray 16GB iPhone 6 Plus from AT&T. I'm supposed to see it get shipped by October 13-22.

16GB seems like such a small storage amount, but I should be fine with it since I only have 5GB used on my iPhone 5 (my daily user).
      Donnutt -
      5Gb? Really? 64gb is kind of small for me...
      wamoinc -
      Orders a 16GB gold Iphone 6 for verizon. Says I should have mine Friday. I think I should be good. I was on about 5 minutes before 12am PST and they had already started letting people order so no issue, not even a lag or hang up. Can't wait.

*UPDATE 9/13* Just checked verizon's web site and my order has a FedEx tracking number and a ship date for 9/18/14 and overnight shipment. SO FedEx already has it and it is coming friday for sure.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
      5Gb? Really? 64gb is kind of small for me...
      Yeah, I stream music from Spotify. I don't have a music library. And I only have maybe 10 applications installed and about 300 pictures.
      Zokunei -
      For some reason I prefer the gray iPhone 5s but the gold iPhone 6/Plus. I find the space gray and silver really unattractive with the new back highlights—at least on the website. Not sure how I would feel if I got to see them close up.
      Donnutt -
      Wow... I have an 18,000+ song iTunes Match library and over 6,000 pictures on mine ATM... Only about 4,000 songs downloaded. That's of course all the pictures I've taken since my first iPhone 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      For some reason I prefer the gray iPhone 5s but the gold iPhone 6/Plus. I find the space gray and silver really unattractive with the new back highlights—at least on the website. Not sure how I would feel if I got to see them close up.
      Me too. First time gold for me. I don't like the white as much though, I wish I could have black and gold.
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
      Me too. First time gold for me. I don't like the white as much though, I wish I could have black and gold.
      I've always felt conflicted about the white/black with the gold. I don't like the concept of a white front in general, but it looks beautiful with the metallic gold ring around the home button. I like the white highlights on the back.
      kickerman65 -
      Silver iPhone 6+ 128gb Pre-Ordered at 1:30AM. Est delivery of Oct 1st-6th.
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      I've always felt conflicted about the white/black with the gold. I don't like the concept of a white front in general, but it looks beautiful with the metallic gold ring around the home button. I like the white highlights on the back.
      But just think of black with a beautiful gold ring!!! 😄
      jackbauerctu -
      Did not pre-order. I need to trade in my iPhone 5 to pay for my 6 so I'll be doing that in person on Friday. Besides that I didn't want to stay up that late AND I figure if stores are offering ridiculously stupid trade in deals for new iPhone 6 devices, my guess is the preorders are all coming from the warehouses and are separate from the store supplies. In fact, I'm gonna go as far as betting that the stores will have TONS of i6s because most of the people who wanted the 6 preordered online.
      thetoothfairy -
      Preordered a Gold 128 6+
      mgmm1 -
      I pre-ordered a Space Gray, 64gb iPhone 6 through AT&T. I always use a case so I don't care about silver or gold color.

From the AT&T email I received:

Great news! We have your iPhone order and it is expected to be delivered on 9/19/2014.*

Expected Shipment Dates for devices only*

09/17/2014 to 09/18/2014
      javiert30 -
      Ordered gold 6+ 64Gb Delivery on Oct 13th to 22nd.

I think the best option for people with no upgrade eligibility yet is, order it from AT&T with next. Sell your iPhone 5S the day before your delivery on eBay (you don't want to be without your iPhone for a long period of time waiting for your new iPhone 6) if its factory unlocked better. Use that money to pay part of next balance and pay the rest from your pocket, if you are lucky you could end up paying only $300 from your pocket to get your new iPhone 6+ 64Gb and with out renew your contract, and be ready for the next big thing with your upgrade eligibility.
      Carvensno -
      Preordered Silver 128GB 6-Plus est del date 10-2 to 10-13
      Appl3Kork -
      Space Gray 6 64GB. Will be picking it up at the Apple Store here in town on Friday next week!
      LatinKreationz -
      I ordered (2) 64GB gold and (1) silver 64GB iPhone 6.
      slim.jim -
      Ordered two, iPhone 6 16GB in space gray and an iPhone 6 64GB in silver.
      atorres062 -
      iPhone 6 Plus- 64GB- Space Gray AT&T
      jteas -
      Ordered a gold 6+ at 7:00am eastern time shipping was 3 to 4 weeks then
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook