• Many of You Pre-ordered iPhone 6/6 Plus, How Long Do You Have to Wait to Get it? [POLL]

Many of you all ordered an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus the moment it went on pre-order Friday morning, starting at 12:01 A.M. PDT (3:01 A.M. EST). Others waited a little while longer until the chaos on Apple and partnering carrier Web sites slowed down a little bit to pre-order their iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.

We recently polled the readers of ModMyi asking whether or not they pre-ordered an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus yet, and if they did, which model. Almost half of the voters said they pre-ordered an iPhone 6 Plus, and about a third said they ordered an iPhone 6. The remaining voters said that they didn't pre-order yet either because they were going to wait for the device to become available in stores, or because they weren't interested in the devices at all.

Since the iPhone 6 Plus was clearly in lower supply than was demanded, shipping times have slipped to 3-4 weeks. iPhone 6 models are also starting to slip – some configurations will still slip on release day (September 19th), although others won't ship for another 7-10 business days. Some of you were lucky enough to be just fast enough on pre-order night that you reserved an iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6 that would ship on release day; others were stuck with wait times (some, more extreme than others).

In this poll, we would like to hear how long you have to wait to get your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. Those of you that pre-ordered should have gotten an e-mail confirmation either from Apple or from the carrier that you pre-ordered from with order numbers and shipping estimates. You're also more than welcome to share details about your purchase in the comments, or if you need to vent about the long shipping dates, feel free to let it all out!

If you have a long shipping wait ahead of you, you're not alone – I have to wait until October 13th-22nd until mine even starts to ship, so I feel your pain.

You will need to use the forum part of our Web site to take part in this poll – it is not accessible from the News site or the ModMyi application, so visit this link, and as always, we appreciate your feedback!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Many of You Pre-ordered iPhone 6/6 Plus, How Long Do You Have to Wait to Get it? [POLL] started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 108 Comments
      Adamf -
      I have ordered 3 in total 2x iPhone 6 -64gb will be delivered on release day and 1x iPhone 6-plus will be delivered on the 3rd of October
      stulaw11 -
      My feeling is that Apple grossly underestimated the 6 Plus demand, but also simply did not have enough for a true launch. I have yet to see anyone say that their 6 Plus will be delivered launch day which says to me the stock (or majority of it) they did have went to the stores for launch day and they simply did not make enough for a proper launch.

Of course demand was higher than expected, but you would hear some people scheduled to get their 6 Plus launch day via mail; I have yet to see anyone say that but rather 2 week minimum. But I bet the stores will have 6 Pluses in stock launch day which makes me believe the stock Apple did have went mainly to the stores.

My feeling is that Apple grossly underestimated the 6 Plus demand, but also simply did not have enough for a true launch. I have yet to see anyone say that their 6 Plus will be delivered launch day which says to me the stock they did have went to the stored for launch day and they simply did not make enough for a proper launch.

Of course demand was higher than expected, but you would hear some people scheduled to get their 6 Plus launch day via mail; I have yet to see anyone say that but rather 2 week minimum. But I bet the stores will have 6 Pluses in stock launch day which makes me believe the stock Apple did have went mainly to the stores.
      anotherps -
      So far..Two of the iphone 6 will be arriving on the launch day..
      blindmist -
      Quote Originally Posted by stulaw11 View Post
      My feeling is that Apple grossly underestimated the 6 Plus demand, but also simply did not have enough for a true launch. I have yet to see anyone say that their 6 Plus will be delivered launch day which says to me the stock they did have went to the stored for launch day and they simply did not make enough for a proper launch.
      My brother has in store pick up for 9-19. Mine arrives from apple 9-19. Both 6+ 64gb space grey AT&T. My buddy ordered his 6+ 64GB silver from Verizon. Delivers 9-19
      Titan3636 -
      I ordered a 6+ and get it from AT&T in 21-28 days per my email. I'm thinking about selling it when I get it. Does anyone know if I can just sell it without doing anything to take it off my acct? It was an ATT upgrade. Didn't know if it was tied only to my account or if I could just sell it and then someone could call and have it activated on their line once they get it. Any help / advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
      bluedav -
      My iPhone 6 plus 64gb silver to deliver on Friday 19th. Unlocked from UK.
      Silverado1987 -
      Mine will be launch day and I'm off on vacation on that day. Best day ever
      cowburnator -
      64gb iPhone 6 in space grey arrives on Friday 19th in the UK
      brokedrifter -
      My feeling is that Apple grossly underestimated the 6 Plus demand, but also simply did not have enough for a true launch. I have yet to see anyone say that their 6 Plus will be delivered launch day which says to me the stock (or majority of it) they did have went to the stores for launch day and they simply did not make enough for a proper launch.

My iPhone 6 plus 64GB will be here on launch I preordered on the verizon website as soon as it went live. Received my shipment notification yesterday.
      jefknot88 -
      I have a space gray 64GB iPhone 6 Plus arriving on launch day. Don't ask me how I managed it, but now I'm kinda wondering if it is gonna be too big for me. I may have to take advantage of Apple's exchange policy…
      spiderguy84 -

Sorry to burst your theory:

Ordered 2 iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB from Apple.com on pre-order day, a full hour after pre-orders started.

Both shipping, delivered on launch day.

Anyone else having the link take them to the wrong page?
      ashasg03 -
      My 6plus will be arriving on 19th
      trialnterror -
      I have a reservation for a 6+ for 7-10 days but it's on my other line that don't have an upgrade so at 3:40am I ordered the 6+ @ 3 to 4 weeks WTF OH WELL more time to salivate! I could of got a space gray 128 on launch or a white 64 6+ on launch but I wanted the 128 white 6+ so I'll wait to get what I want! it sucks they can't move my reservation date to the one I ordered a little later?
      bmwraw8482 -
      As of now, if you want the following iPhone 6's and you use the Apple Store app, you only have to wait till Friday:

Verizon
      16gb gold/space gray
      64gb space grey
      128gb gold/space gray

Att
      128gb gold

Sprint
      128gb gold/space gray

I think this makes the silver model irrefutably scientifically proven the most popular model!

Quote Originally Posted by driftzorz View Post
      My iPhone 6 plus 64GB will be here on launch I preordered on the verizon website as soon as it went live. Received my shipment notification yesterday.
      Which OS and browser did you use? I got errors on everything but internet exploder running on windows 7 (on my mid-2007 iMac). Unfortunately it took me an hour and a half to figure that out last Friday morning... Lol
      peakay -
      I was told in an AT&T store 3 weeks for my 64 Black 6+ but when I got my email it was more like 6 weeks. Nov 9th - 26th
      iphone1027 -
      I have a 6 and a 6 plus ordered from apple app with both delivering on 9/19.
      atorres062 -
      6+ Space Gray AT&T delivery 9/19
      brokentwice -
      Ordered mine 10 mins after pre sale started... went to sleep got an email at 6am saying that My CC info was not correct...

Fixed that issue and order Went through.. called ATT that morning to confirm...

Shipping date then Showed 10/31-11/11 at this point I was Going to just convince myself thats the release date and not the 19th LOL

Well Checked this morning ..

now shows Preparing to Ship and a new date of 10/2 - 10/13

Not sure whats going on but I think that the systems won't show anything near what its going to be till this week.

Though Last year and the years before that ... preparing shipment meant that it arrived on day 1....

Anyone else with ATT have this issue ?
      steve-z17 -
      Both iPhone 6's will arrive on the 19th!!
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Ooooohhhh lucky me.

AT&T just improved my shipping time from Oct 13-22 up to Oct 2-13.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook