• Apple's iPhone 6 May Not be Sold in China This Year According to Chinese Business Paper

Reports are circulating the web that China may not be selling the new iPhone 6 this year because of regulatory delays. These claims were reported by Bloomberg, based off of 21st Century Business Herald, a major Chinese business paper. A launch date has yet to be confirmed by Apple. According to Bloomberg,

Apple may have to wait until next year to get approval for new iPhones in China after failing to reach agreement with the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology this month, the state-owned 21st Century Business Herald reported today.
    A spokesperson for Apple based in Beijing, Carolyn Wu, couldn’t confirm a release date for China. However, she did state:

China is a key market for us and we will get here as soon as possible.
    China is definitely an important market for Apple, and we can already imagine how unhappy Chinese citizens would be if the news were true. We’re not really sure how reliable these reports are, considering last week the Wall Street Journal uncovered some tactics this business paper was using to seal deals. The WSJ reported:

The official Xinhua News Agency, citing investigators, said Wednesday that some journalists at the 21st Century Business Herald website targeted companies preparing for initial public offerings and forced them to sign lucrative advertising contracts to avoid negative news coverage.
    Either way, we’ll just have to see how true these reports are when the time comes. Other countries in Asia like Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore were on the list for the first nine countries to have confirmed launch dates of September 19th. Many were surprised China did not make that cut, and even more surprised when they didn't make the list for the second wave of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus launch date either.

Source: Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 6 May Not be Sold in China This Year According to Chinese Business Paper started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      I can't tell from the article, is this Apple's fault or China's?
      scroogelives -
      Likely some sleazy Chinese company claiming rights to the iPhone 6 and suing Apple while the corrupt government blocks imports!
      jackbauerctu -
      Isn't Foxconn in China?? The iPhone should already be there lol
      jonathan1683 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      I can't tell from the article, is this Apple's fault or China's?

I am sure Apple did not agree to the extortion payment amount and they are in negotiations.
      romeo_herman -
      Poor china, but they have a lot of fake iPhone there....
      BUcLAo69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
      Poor china, but they have a lot of fake iPhone there....
      Hahaha... I totally agree with you on that topic!!!!! Feel bad for them tho, but, again they already have the iPhone 6 Plus clone before the real iPhone 6 was release..... But, only running Android and I hate Android. IOS is easy and simple to use as well.
      thinknoffcenter -
      Wouldn't that mean more of the iPhones being produced would get to us quicker.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook