• Workers at Foxconn's Brazil Factory Go On Strike Stopping iPhone Production

Appleís manufacturing partner, Foxconn, went on strike in Brazil last Thursday and protests have continued into today. According to 9to5Mac, production lines have stopped since the strike started, with approximately 3,500 Foxconn employees involved in the incident. The protests took place in front of the Jundiai factory in Brazil and isnít the first to ever happen. Brazilís Foxconn factory is also in charge of iPhone and iPad units, even though most come out of the Foxconn factories in China. This strike comes just as Apple has received a record high number of iPhone presales ever.

The Cupertino-based company has already started shipping out new iPhones to customers, and will be officially launching the devices on September 19th in stores. It is unknown yet how this strike will affect the amount of devices that need to be produced in time. According to 9to5Mac, workers are demanding a change to their work and pay policies, and have gone as far as blocking employees from entering the buildings.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier in the day that approximately 540,000 iPhone devices are being produced a day due to the high demand for these devices.

Source: 9to5Mac, WSJ
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Workers at Foxconn's Brazil Factory Go on Strike Stopping iPhone Production started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 16 Comments
      nakedcrook -
      Excellent. I hope these workers stay on strike until they have better working conditions, and Apple takes steps to rectify the Human rights violations that they turn a blind eye to in the name of ripping off its customers.

I encourage all Foxconn employees around the globe to go on strike until their working conditions improve.
      Answer1o1 -
      Samsung paid them
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
      Excellent. I hope these workers stay on strike until they have better working conditions, and Apple takes steps to rectify the Human rights violations that they turn a blind eye to in the name of ripping off its customers.

I encourage all Foxconn employees around the globe to go on strike until their working conditions improve.
      Here eat your own words DS! "Clearly you have nothing meaningful to add, or nothing intelligent enough to say"! Now showing your ignorance again, you would know that Apple is not the only company that using these factory's to make products. So again? go and do your homework so you can stop sticking your foot in your mouth every time you speak!
      aftab1981 -
      Doing good job
      turdsmoka -
      If they are producing 540,000 a day how are they not able to fulfill the 4 million phones ordered at launch? Does not compute.
      bigboyz -
      Ouch! Foxconn goes through this every year. Time to make things right "come on man"
      Jahooba -
      Fire them all and hire new labor.
      thetoothfairy -
      Apple needs to bring the work to the United States
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      They are... Slowly...
      stolenpentium -

The same practices are being done in the USA every day/every year. Do we continue to go work, yes. That said, this does not only pertain to Apple, but to all involved in this global greed.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
      I concur
      cockyjeremy -
      Easily replaced, I'm sure.
      BUcLAo69 -

Amen...
      unison999 -
      Foxconn already built robots to replace some of the workers, wonder if they are considering replacing them all now?
      Jozelito617 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
      Samsung paid them
      You are to stupid to say that really.. We are humans not animals
      copper_maximus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
      Samsung paid them
      Agreed !
      buttrr76 -
      its not apple job. its just another company apple does business with.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook