• iFixit Tears Down iPhone 6 Following the Tear Down of the iPhone 6 Plus

iFixit began tearing down the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus Thursday night, and following the completion of the iPhone 6 Plus tear-down, which resulted in a repairability score of 7 out of 10, iFixit began tearing into Apple's secondary iPhone the 4.7-inch iPhone 6.

While iFixit found a monstrous battery inside of the iPhone 6 Plus rated at 2915 mAh, the iPhone 6 only has a 1810 mAh battery. That battery rating is much closer to the previous-generation iPhone than the iPhone 6 Plus's battery.

Like the iPhone 6 Plus, the iPhone 6 appears to have 1GB of RAM.

The iPhone 6 tear-down also reveals the same 64-bit A8 SOC (along with the M8 motion co-processor), which offers a 25% processing boost over the A7 chip, and a 50% graphics boost over the A7 chip:

iFixit does believe that Apple went with a linear oscillating vibrator motor this time, which differs from the counterweight vibrator motor in the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s this means quieter vibrations.

Like the related iPhone 6 Plus, the iPhone 6 has earned a repairability score of 7 out of 10. iFixit appears to be very pleased with the ease of access of the internals, noting that display repairs and battery repairs are straightforward. The only downsides being the use of pentalobe screws and the fact that Apple does not share repair information with third-party retailers, which hinders the ability of third-party repair services to make repairs and gives Apple more attention.

You can read iFixit's full tear-down at this link.

Sources: iFixit
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iFixit Tears Down iPhone 6 Following the Tear Down of the iPhone 6 Plus started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      Zokunei -
      Has anyone ever figured out how much RAM they have?
      NiteStar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      Has anyone ever figured out how much RAM they have?
      This is what they posted during the iPhone6 teardown.

"Apple A8 APL1011 SoC + SK Hynix RAM as denoted by the markings H9CKNNN8KTMRWR-NTH (we presume it is 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM, the same as in the iPhone 6 Plus)"
      The6uest -
      How did they get the phones so quick?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
      How did they get the phones so quick?
      They always get them quick! lol They're iFixit!

Oh, and to answer your question, a good magician never reveals his secrets :P.
      Al226 -
      Quieter vibrations?? WTF you gotta be kidding me!! It's hard to feel the vibrations on the 5 and 5S as it is!!
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      They always get them quick! lol They're iFixit!

Oh, and to answer your question, a good magician never reveals his secrets :P.
      The iPhone 6+ tear down says they went to Australia to get them as soon as they were publicly released.
      shawn o -
      That battery is pretty pathetic. I'm still on a 4S and my biggest complaint is battery life. I might have to buy a 6 + just to get a better battery I guess.
      The6uest -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      The iPhone 6+ tear down says they went to Australia to get them as soon as they were publicly released.
      Ah, that explains it!

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
      That battery is pretty pathetic. I'm still on a 4S and my biggest complaint is battery life. I might have to buy a 6 + just to get a better battery I guess.
      What you mean pathetic? It's better than the 5S and I get all day battery life with it.
      ThuD Muffin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      Quieter vibrations?? WTF you gotta be kidding me!! It's hard to feel the vibrations on the 5 and 5S as it is!!
      Been playing around with my 6 for a few hours so far and the vibration seems to be "just right". Take my word for it
      The6uest -
      Quote Originally Posted by ThuD Muffin View Post
      Been playing around with my 6 for a few hours so far and the vibration seems to be "just right". Take my word for it
      Yeah, it feels pretty much the same as my 5S.
      Answer1o1 -
      Why is ram, or specs so important to people? The software is always optimized to run great. Who cares if we don't have 2GB RAM. We don't need it. High specs don't mean **** if your software sucks. Like Android
      scroogelives -
      Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
      Why is ram, or specs so important to people? The software is always optimized to run great. Who cares if we don't have 2GB RAM. We don't need it. High specs don't mean **** if your software sucks. Like Android
      Well said! Too many people seem focused on big numbers rather than the quality of the software
      CtKiDd78 -
      Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
      Well said! Too many people seem focused on big numbers rather than the quality of the software
      Case and Point: Samsung and Touchwiz, the main reason why I am back home in IOS!
      shawn o -
      On my 4S, at work after streaming radio for 4 hours, I'm down to about 30% battery life. 4 hours.
      Dgow452 -
      Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
      Same with my five. I had my phone replaced earlier cause the battery went to fail. Now it is worn. So 5 6 months battery life I figure that's 80 a crack plus tax lol
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook