• Where Was Tim Cook on iPhone 6 Launch Day?

Keeping with the tradition of mixing and mingling with Apple fanatics on the launch day of a new Apple product, the iDevice maker's chief executive officer spent his morning at work -- only this time, his work involved actually laboring at an Apple store.

Opening the front doors to Apple's Palo Alto store this morning, Tim Cook was the individual who let the waiting masses in to get their hands on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Cordial and posing for an ample number of selfies with prospective iPhone buyers, Cook was described by many on site as a warm and affable guy.

Across the nation and world today, long lines were the norm, though Apple's new reservation system (when it worked, of course) kept much of the familiar launch-day craziness under control.

Although we're yet to get another sales update from Apple, you would be hard-pressed to find a financial or Wall Street analyst who isn't expecting blockbuster September sales of the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Source: CNET
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Where Was Tim Cook on iPhone 6 Launch Day? started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      steve-z17 -
      Tim, you da man!
      zeroskater61 -
      Wonder if he was at the Apple Store where some dude dropped and cracked his iphone 6 screen all because of some reporter lady who asked him to unbox it for her to see it since he was the first one to purchase it and walk out. Smh that sucks!!
      steve-z17 -
      Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
      Wonder if he was at the Apple Store where some dude dropped and cracked his iphone 6 screen all because of some reporter lady who asked him to unbox it for her to see it since he was the first one to purchase it and walk out. Smh that sucks!!
      I would like to see that video!! That sucks!
      zeroskater61 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      I would like to see that video!! That sucks!
      http://www.qore.com/noticias/28457/E...erth-y-lo-tira

Here's the link to it! You see the guy scratch the screen with his finger and his finger stops when his nail reaches the crack.
      ThuD Muffin -
      http://www.qore.com/noticias/28457/E...erth-y-lo-tira

Here's the link to it! You see the guy scratch the screen with his finger and his finger stops when his nail reaches the crack.
      That hurt to watch
      buttamix -
      That is so awesome !!!!
      thazsar -
      That was in Australia, not S.F.

I, personally, thinks it's pretty cool that Tim did this! What a nice surprise for those that were waiting!!!
      nakedcrook -
      That seems pretty cool of Tim Cook to get his hands dirty, so to speak. It is not often you see that with any CEO. Kudos to Timmy for helping out with the launch. Stuff like that is what we see more of.

I may not be the biggest fan of Apple...but I am a huge fan of loyalty to the customer.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
      That seems pretty cool of Tim Cook to get his hands dirty, so to speak. It is not often you see that with any CEO. Kudos to Timmy for helping out with the launch. Stuff like that is what we see more of.

I may not be the biggest fan of Apple...but I am a huge fan of loyalty to the customer.
      I never thought I'd thumbs up something you said... But so I have.
      iPhoneThereforeIAm -
      So how exactly does that make it the reporter lady's fault ?
      Don't tell me - she KNEW what was gunna happen but thought it would make better viewing if she didn't warn him ?
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook