• Apple Updates Repairs Webpage With New Pricing for Recently Released iPhone 6 Models

As everyone is home playing with their new iPhone devices, Apple updated their website with new repair prices for the newly launched phones. Currently, for the models released today, phones out of warranty will cost consumers up to $299 for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and up to $329 for the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus. These new prices are $30 and $60 more than the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5 repair prices. If you donít know already, Apple devices come with a one-year warranty automatically without purchasing AppleCare.

Customers have the option to purchase AppleCare+ for $99, which covers the device for two years and includes repairs for two accidental damages. Consumers will still have to pay a $79 service fee though, for each time they repair the accidental damage. The Cupertino-based company has quoted $109 for the iPhone 6 device for accidental screen damage meanwhile the 6 Plus was grouped with the iPhone 5s, 5c and 5 at $129 not including the $6.95 shipping fee. As for battery replacement, Apple revealed that for devices out of warranty, it will cost customers $79 + shipping to replace for either the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Updates Repairs Webpage With New Pricing for Recently Released iPhone 6 Models started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      It stinks they now charge per use of AppleCare... I loved being able to get things fixed for free if needed.
      jackbauerctu -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      It stinks they now charge per use of AppleCare... I loved being able to get things fixed for free if needed.
      You can. It's only for "accidental" damage where you'd have to pay. Like if you dropped your phone on the ground and cracked your screen. Or dropped your phone in the toilet or something.
      Jahooba -
      $80 to replace a battery. Is that a lot?
      jackbauerctu -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
      Only if it's out of warranty. Not a lot at all considering that you're basically giving your phone new life for the next 1.5-2 years.
      Jaygray -
      If a device malfunctions, they will repair it for free. The AppleCare+ "service fees" are for accidental damage, i.e. You drop your phone in the toilet, accidentally run over it with your car, etc.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Oh that makes sense. Thanks.
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Only if it's out of warranty. Not a lot at all considering that you're basically giving your phone new life for the next 1.5-2 years.
      Wait a minute, are you saying that buying a new battery gets you a new phone? Am I understanding that correctly?
      jackbauerctu -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
      Wait a minute, are you saying that buying a new battery gets you a new phone? Am I understanding that correctly?
      I don't recall saying that at all. I said replacing your battery gives your phone new life for the next 1.5-2 years. BATTERY LIFE. Everyone knows your battery stops holding a charge after so many charge cycles. For the average person that happens every 1.5-2 years. So if you have a perfectly good phone that just happens to be two years old (like an iPhone 5 for example), paying 79 dollars to replace the battery if it's out of apple care is worth it if you plan on keeping your phone another year or longer.
      XweAponX -
      My 4S just broke 500 cycles, it's a few months away from being 2 years old. I still have 1370mAH out of the original 1430. Between BatteryLife and one of those battery doctor apps, I've developed good charging habits.
      jco -
      That's why I use my Amex to buy all my electronics. They double the manufactures warranty. The only downside is no accidental coverage.
      Tucnepo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
      Yes it's a lot get a battery from Amazon or eBay for like less than $10 and change it yourself. I've done it back to awesome battery life babe!
      hogcia -

So After just 2 days of owning my iPhone 6 Plus, I dropped it from about 4.5 feet, and this is what happened. Yes I did have a case (Apple Leather Case $50) So long story short, took it to the apple store and they replaced the whole phone for $129.00 + tax. I was told they didn't yet have screens in stock for repairs, so they decided to just replace the whole unit.

This phone landed right on its face, first iPhone I break since 2008!
      dapes -
      Quote Originally Posted by jco View Post
      That's why I use my Amex to buy all my electronics. They double the manufactures warranty. The only downside is no accidental coverage.
      So how does that work on the second year of the warranty? You have to go through Amex instead of apple for the warranty?
      bigboyz -
      ^^OUCH! I saw the drop test that was posted online. The 6+ didn't fair nearly as well as the 6. They say its due to being much heavier and having a larger surface area. I think this is going to be an issue with users moving forward. a 4' fall with a case should not look like that..i feel for ya.
      hogcia -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      ^^OUCH! I saw the drop test that was posted online. The 6+ didn't fair nearly as well as the 6. They say its due to being much heavier and having a larger surface area. I think this is going to be an issue with users moving forward. a 4' fall with a case should not look like that..i feel for ya.
      I agree that a 4.5 inch fall shouldn't look like that. I was shocked when I picked up my phone. But it landed face first on a rocky cement surface.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook