• Rumor: Mac Mini in Store for October Announcement

Almost immediately following Apple's early September announcement of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, rumors quickly sprouted that Apple would hold its next media event sometime in October.

Although most clues have suggested a comprehensive iPad line refresh (that would include a new iPad air and iPad mini), Apple may have more in store for the October reveal -- which is believed to be set for October 21st. So what's waiting in the wings for us? A new Mac mini.

With two years removed from its last update, Mac mini probably feels like it has much in common with Apple TV (Apple hasn't updated the hardware since March 2012). Nonetheless, the wait may be over, as today's scuttlebutt indicates the Mac mini will get a revamp at the October Apple event.

As of this writing, there is little indication as to what the refreshed Mac mini would bring, but with two years being a practical eternity in the realm of computers and consumer electronics, Apple likely realizes that this wait better have been worth it.

Source: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Rumor: Mac Mini in Store for October Announcement started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      plcrules -
      reading that title made me smile i really wanted a new mac mini last year and they didn't refresh it I'm buying this one no matter what

I'm also probably the only person that cares for this machine
      cpotoso -
      Been waiting for a long time to buy a mac mini... I simply refuse to buy 2+ year old technology, especially since they have not even discounted these... WTH?
      severe -
      Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
      I'm also probably the only person that cares for this machine
      Nah. They're great little machines.
      fleurya -
      My eventual next Mac will be a mini and I'll just use my old imac as the monitor.
      bigboyz -
      I LOVE my Mac Mini! Hooked up to my TV with HDMI..looks awesome. Can't wait to see the refresh.
      plaintom -
      Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
      Nah. They're great little machines.
      Agreed, I love my Mac Mini
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook