• Sprint Now Doubling Data of Family Share Plans, Outdoes AT&T's Recent Promotion

On Wednesday, U.S. cellular carrier Sprint announced that the company would start offering double the data on its family share and and business plans. Sprint's data offerings will double the data that AT&T will be offering until October 31st, and the plans will still cost the same as AT&T charges.

Until October 31st, the same time that AT&T's promotion ends, Sprint subscribers will have the ability to double their family share data plans. This means that Sprint now offers 60GB, 80GB and 120GB family share data plans for $130, $150, and $225 respectively. For business share plans, Sprint now doubles the data at 80GB, 120GB, 160GB and 200GB for $135, $200, $270, and $330 respectively:

Not only are new customers eligible to sign up for these double data plans until October 31st, but so are existing customers, at no extra cost to them. Those on the family share plans can begin signing up today, while those on the business share plans can start signing up on Friday, October 3rd.

Now that's a nice amount of data to go along with your shiny new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus!

Sources: Sprint
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Sprint Now Doubling Data of Family Share Plans, Outdoes AT&T's Recent Promotion started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 16 Comments
      docmagoo2 -
      I get 3GB of data, unlimited minutes and SMS for 20 (approx $32) it's a personal non shared sim only plan. How does that compare to US carriers?
      bigboyz -
      ^^ Umm that is a steal! Most American plans start at $60, even when grandfathered in. Glad i don't pay as I have a corporate phone.
      HovikGas -
      Yeah T-Mobile gives you unlimited talk and text with 1 GB for $50 a month, which is the cheapest I think...
      PaKi619 -
      America has the most advanced technologies, but companies are too greedy. Most expensive plans are in US
      Carvensno -
      Looks like Sprint is getting pretty desperate for customers. But sad to say, their coverage here in Fresno isn't great. Though? Who knows what that might do to ATT now? Maybe ATT will do something else, For everyone that's on the 10GB plan, be nice for them to double that one also.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
      Looks like Sprint is getting pretty desperate for customers. But sad to say, their coverage her in Fresno isn't great. Though? Who knows what that might do to ATT now? Maybe ATT will do something else, For everyone that's on the 10GB plan, be nice foe them to double that one also.
      Maybe Sprint needs to realize why people hate them and change that. Sure, pricing helps, but their rediculous MVNO policy, awful customer service, awful coverage, and refusal to unlock phones even after contract are some problems they need to address.
      Carvensno -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Maybe Sprint needs to realize why people hate them and change that. Sure, pricing helps, but their rediculous MVNO policy, awful customer service, awful coverage, and refusal to unlock phones even after contract are some problems they need to address.
      Ya the coverage and CS I know sucks. My friend use to have them about 3 yrs ago and switched. Didn't know about them not unlocking phones though after contact is up. That sucks for them.
      jackbauerctu -
      Monthly access charged waived through 2015 LOL. In other words "come get this great deal now so we can charge you more later SUCKERS."

Meanwhile Verizon does nothing on that front and I ask again, what happened to Sprint's UNLIMITED plans?
      Rickyfl84 -
      Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
      I get 3GB of data, unlimited minutes and SMS for 20 (approx $32) it's a personal non shared sim only plan. How does that compare to US carriers?
      If you go with SIM only plans form prepaid MVNOs, like cricket wireless, H2O or straight talk you can get cheaper plans. I pay $45 for the same plan that you have. However US carrier plans are more expensive than Europe 😔
      thinknoffcenter -
      Is that just the charges for just data, or is that for data talk and text?
      Rickyfl84 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thinknoffcenter View Post
      Is that just the charges for just data, or is that for data talk and text?
      I use cricket wireless. The plan is $50 for 3gb of LTE data, unlimited Talk and SMS. You get $5 off if you set up autopay. They are a prepaid MVNO that's owed by AT&T so you get the same coverage. You can use any AT&T branded phone or use an unlocked device.
      The only drawback could be that they cap LTE at 6mbps but for me that's plenty fast. After the 3gb of LTE data they throttle your speed even more until the end of the monthly cycle. But I rarely use the 3gb anyway I think is enough for most people. Hope it helps.
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by PaKi619 View Post
      America has the most advanced technologies, but companies are too greedy. Most expensive plans are in US
      Companies work for the shareholders (providing they're publicly held companies), and the #1 goal is maximum profit. So, no, companies aren't greedy, they are doing what their fiduciary responsibility is to their bosses.
      Donnutt -
      Quote Originally Posted by PaKi619 View Post
      That would be nice, but America does not have the best cell technology by far. Our average speed is far less than most developed countries, however, we have a LOT more landmass to cover with cell towers than most other countries. So over all we are bigger, but not exactly better.
      mrbaker1979 -
      Yeah well, if their service wasn't such garbage, it would've been a great incentive.
      hogcia -
      The bottom line is that all cell phone company's, are thieves!
      SpiderManAPV -
      H2o Wireless... $10 for 3 months.... I can live with that.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook