• Apple's iPhone 6 Plus Reportedly Accounts for 60% of Apple's iPhone 6 Shipments



    When you think about which of Apple's latest handsets is more popular, the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 Plus, many are quick to assume that the iPhone 6 is the most popular. As it would appear, this may not be the case. Apple's 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus appears to be the more popular of the two handsets.

    Digitimes reports that Apple's iPhone 6 Plus made up more than 60% of Apple's total iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus shipments. The iPhone 6 has a 40% chunk in that number. Apple began with a total of 10 million sales on opening weekend and has only sold more and more since then.

    Our poll just after the Friday when pre-orders began reflected similar numbers, with about 51% of you saying you went with the iPhone 6 Plus, while only 30% of you said you went with the iPhone 6.

    Digitimes' numbers reportedly come directly from Foxconn and Pegatron, the China-based producers of Apple's latest handsets. Foxconn just recently went on a hiring spree for additional workers, which is a way for the company to help produce more handsets in less time to meet up with the demands of consumers.

    Sources: Digitimes
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's iPhone 6 Plus Reportedly Accounts for 60% of Apple's iPhone 6 Shipments started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 38 Comments
    1. valkraider's Avatar
      valkraider -
      Interesting.

      Anecdotally: my household has two 6s and one 6+. At the office I know four coworkers who have 6s and not a single 6+.

      The plural of anecdote does not equal fact... But it's still interesting if true - where are those big suckers going?

      For the record - I think even the 4.7 is too big, I dislike very much the loss in single handed use. Now my phone is a little ungainly. Having owned every model of iPhone prior to this - I would say the 6 is the first model I have been disappointed with.

      Oh, I guess I should have included "FIRST!!!"
    1. JoRocK's Avatar
      JoRocK -
      6s? Lol
    1. valkraider's Avatar
      valkraider -
      Quote Originally Posted by JoRocK View Post
      6s? Lol
      Yeah - there is no easy way to pluralize the number without typing the whole word "sixes".

      It's one of my main complaints about the "S" naming scheme... I use a little "s" for plural and a big "S" for the model name...

      I guess with six we could use 6es as well...
    1. JoRocK's Avatar
      JoRocK -
      Or you could use "6's" like us regular folk
    1. valkraider's Avatar
      valkraider -
      Quote Originally Posted by JoRocK View Post
      Or you could use "6's" like us regular folk
      Did you regular folk fail 3rd grade writing?

      Apostrophes don't indicate plurality.

      Apostrophes indicate possessiveness or contractions.

      Since we are only dealing with a single word ("six") it can't be a contraction.

      Are you saying the 6 possesses something?
    1. buggsy2's Avatar
      buggsy2 -
      I think women are buying the 6+. They have the purses to stow it and are reluctant to wear glasses to read the smaller screen.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by valkraider View Post
      Did you regular folk fail 3rd grade writing?

      Apostrophes don't indicate plurality.

      Apostrophes indicate possessiveness or contractions.

      Since we are only dealing with a single word ("six") it can't be a contraction.

      Are you saying the 6 possesses something?
      Actually there is no specific rule in the English language specifying the use of the apostrophe with regard to the plural of numbers. It's only been in the last 20 or so years that the practice has changed to leaving out the apostrophe. Dictionaries and English handbooks as late as the mid-late 1990's recommend using the apostrophe for the plural of numbers. I would direct you to http://english.stackexchange.com/que...strophe-or-not to help explain better than I can.

      As I've said in several posts prior to this, please do some basic research to make sure your opinion is, in fact, correct before insulting someone.

      Edit: There are also times where there is a rule dictating the use of an apostrophe for plurals. Ex. 1990's.
    1. valkraider's Avatar
      valkraider -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Actually there is no specific rule in the English language specifying the use of the apostrophe with regard to the plural of numbers. It's only been in the last 20 or so years that the practice has changed to leaving out the apostrophe. Dictionaries and English handbooks as late as the mid-late 1990's recommend using the apostrophe for the plural of numbers. I would direct you to orthography - Plurals of acronyms, letters, numbers — use an apostrophe or not? - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange to help explain better than I can.

      As I've said in several posts prior to this, please do some basic research to make sure your opinion is, in fact, correct before insulting someone.

      Edit: There are also times where there is a rule dictating the use of an apostrophe for plurals. Ex. 1990's.
      Ooooh, you've said it in many prior posts - it MUST be fact.

      I *did* do research, and found many more authoritative sources than a stack-exchange discussion...

      You are correct though, there is much debate about numbers used as nouns. But there absolutely is no consensus. So your statement "like regular folk" is still wrong, and we could debate all day about the proper convention. But since my method actually sticks with the basic rules it is at least more standardized.

      But as for the 1990's - that is possessive, not plural. As in the years belong to the decade 1990. There is only one 1990 decade - you can't pluralize it (except maybe if you are referring to multiple timelines in parallel universes).

      Generally the basic consensus I see from places like Oxford and Perdue writing rules,including APA is that using apostrophe after a number for plural is *allowed* but not required or even recommended.

      So there we go - we'll never resolve this in an iPhone forum.
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      My post was to simply point out that using an apostrophe was not incorrect, as you seemed to indicate in your original post. There is no standard rule, so insulting someone isn't necessary. In fact, many people, myself included, may have actually been taught that method in elementary school either because they were taught prior to the 1990's or their teachers were not informed of the changing trends as in my case. While I would personally agree with your particular stance in this specific grammar stance, I simply wished to point out that many people have been taught to use an apostrophe and insulting someone in unnecessary to prove your point.
    1. Silverado1987's Avatar
      Silverado1987 -
      Am I the only one around here who thinks its screwed up you guys are writing paragraphs on the use of an apostrophe? Lol
    1. peakay's Avatar
      peakay -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
      Am I the only one around here who thinks its screwed up you guys are writing paragraphs on the use of an apostrophe? Lol
      Lol
    1. Rondon360's Avatar
      Rondon360 -
      Valkraider won!!!
    1. Jozelito617's Avatar
      Jozelito617 -
      Quote Originally Posted by valkraider View Post
      Did you regular folk fail 3rd grade writing?

      Apostrophes don't indicate plurality.

      Apostrophes indicate possessiveness or contractions.

      Since we are only dealing with a single word ("six") it can't be a contraction.

      Are you saying the 6 possesses something?
      Yeah what he say!? Wait what did he say ... He's college vocabulary makes no sense, **** I rather stay in 3rd grade an make sense.. Wait wth did I say ? Idk
    1. Bender1031's Avatar
      Bender1031 -
      My 6+ is awesome
    1. bmwraw8482's Avatar
      bmwraw8482 -
      I'm waiting for the 6s+ (is that plural?)
    1. fleurya's Avatar
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by valkraider View Post
      For the record - I think even the 4.7 is too big, I dislike very much the loss in single handed use. Now my phone is a little ungainly. Having owned every model of iPhone prior to this - I would say the 6 is the first model I have been disappointed with.
      I agree. I went into an Apple store and tried handling one, and while it didn't seem too bad, I know that I use my phone one-handed a lot of times, and even the size of the 6 would be too big to use one-handed easily. The Reachability worked pretty well, but the extra step is a bit annoying.

      I do want a new one because "NEW!" but I am pretty happy with my 5S and hope to be for a while. T-Mo and cheaper monthly plan, here I come!
    1. NSXrebel's Avatar
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      I'm waiting for the 6s+ (is that plural?)
      "sixes plus" or "six pluses" lol
    1. JoRocK's Avatar
      JoRocK -
      Lmao... Stop ****** arguing ... It's cool I'm not mad lol
    1. tridley68's Avatar
      tridley68 -
      I am waiting patiently for my two I phone six plus 128gb they should be shipping any day now
    1. barondebxl's Avatar
      barondebxl -
      Its because ppl need better battery life and the 6 is a little below average.
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook