• Dummy Pictures Show What the Upcoming iPad Air 2 Will Reportedly Look Like

Coming up soon on October 16th is another special event from Apple, despite already having one last month where the Cupertino-based company unveiled the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. The new event is expected to bring details about OS X Yosemite, possibly a refresh for some Macs, the iPod touch, and more importantly, the new iPad Air 2.

Vietnamese-based Web site Tinhte.vn has reportedly gotten their hands on a dummy case of the upcoming iPad Air 2, and they've taken high-resolution photos of the case to show what the device is supposed to look like. Above, you can see the display of the device, as well as the camera, bezel, and new Touch ID sensor.

The Touch ID sensor will work just like it does on the iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, and iPhone 6 Plus, allowing the user to scan their fingerprint for access to secure applications, for unlocking the device, for completing iTunes and App Store purchases, and more. It has the same appearance as it does on the iPhone:

What we can also see from the photographs is that the device has been given a thinner case and the mute switch has been deleted, leaving nothing but the volume buttons on the right side of the device:

The iPad Air 2 will likely feature a dual-core, 64-bit A8 chip with an M8 motion co-processor like the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. It may even be an A8X chip with slightly bumped up specs from the iPhone. iOS 8 will come standard on the device when it's shipped from the factory.

Sources: Tinhte.vn via 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Dummy Pictures Show What the Upcoming iPad Air 2 Will Reportedly Look Like started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      Why would you remove the mute switch? I've personally wanted it for years on the iPod touch...
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Why would you remove the mute switch? I've personally wanted it for years on the iPod touch...
      It could be because of the thinner chassis.
      bigboyz -
      Looks like the slide up and settings is where volume toggles will be manipulated. I guess that is one of the two new features.
      peacedog -
      I wish Apple would stop making the iOS devices thinner than they currently are. If bending is an issue on the 6+, it's going to TERRIBLE on the iPad Air 2. If they can make the internals smaller, fill the space with a larger battery.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook