• Popular iKeywi Keyboard Jailbreak Tweak Makes it to the iOS App Store for iOS 8

Many of you might be familiar with the popular iKeywi keyboard jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Hiraku. Good news to those of you running iOS 8 is that the keyboard is now available in the App Store compliments of iOS 8's newfangled support for third-party keyboards.

iKeywi is a 99 download from the iOS App Store and it brings with it some awesome features for those of you that want to improve on the typing experience in iOS 8. While recently released earlier this week, the keyboard was updated on Wednesday with various bug fixes and other improvements.

iKeywi allows you to do various things, including configure an extra row of keys on your keyboard, such as a row of numbers being added above the letters so that you don't have to switch between letter and numeric view to enter numbers into a text field, the ability to move the cursor around in the text field by swiping left and right on the keyboard, and much more, such as:

- Customizable keys
    - Input long terms with 1-Click
    - Show letter case on keyboard
    - Supports both iPhone / iPad
    - Also support iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
    iKeywi does require "full access" to work properly, so you will need to enable that option from the keyboard settings. Since the keyboard already supports the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, as well as other models of the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad, it will work out of the box with any of your iOS 8 devices.

If you want to grab iKeywi, you can download it for just 99 from this App Store link. Please note that you must be running iOS 8 to install this keyboard. If you want to know how to install and enable a third-party keyboard, you can follow our guide at this link.

In other news, the popular and free SwiftKey iOS 8 keyboard also just received a notable update. You can read more about that here.

Sources: Hiraku
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Popular iKeywi Keyboard Jailbreak Tweak Makes it to the iOS App Store for iOS 8 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 18 Comments
      TDH Advocate -
      The keyboard is nice but the keys are way too small on my 5s and the predictive portion almost never gets the right words. It would be much nicer I think if it was taller so the keys were slightly bigger. In my opinion, it wasn't quite worth the 99 quite yet. Hopefully if I can manage to get a 6 it'll be nicer. I also forgot to mention that landscape is just a nightmare with this keyboard.
      edwilk55 -
      I like it, but wish the keys were larger as well. And I'd like to be able to turn off the extra row...I just got it for the swipe feature.

Ready for Swipeselection to come out!!
      tankz504 -
      It's not to bad on my 6+. Just the autocorrect SUCKS! I can't wait until swipeselection makes it to the AppStore or we get a new jailbreak. I love the stock keyboard with swipe gestures!
      edwilk55 -
      Already deleted... autocorrect is terrible and the keys are just too small...even on the 6.
      peacedog -
      Same issue for me. I bought it and wanted to love it, but it squeezes an additional row in the same space, making the keys too small. I have since uninstalled it.

Also it acts really flaky on the iPad.
      confucious -
      Its the 'full access' bit that has put me off installing any third party keyboard. When will the first case of a keybourd suppliers server being hacked occur? Passwords and bank details getting stolen doesn't inspire me to try any.
      bigdey -
      Useless for me. Just bought it for the showcase option that I used to have on my jailbreak and swipe selection.
      But:
      1. slowish reaction
      2. predictive keyboard = english only, I'm french!
      3. needs an option to remove the 5th row. Keys are too small.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      Its the 'full access' bit that has put me off installing any third party keyboard. When will the first case of a keybourd suppliers server being hacked occur? Passwords and bank details getting stolen doesn't inspire me to try any.
      As annoying as I'm sure it could be, I was actually with Apple on the decision to require using the default keyboard for passwords.
      h2a -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      you don't enter passwords with 3rd party keyboards. it uses the iOS keyboard for password fields.
      steve-z17 -
      Can't wait for Altkeyboard to come to the App Store, that's my favorite 3rd party keyboard by far!
      clive.weller -
      I have yet to understand why on earth Apple didn't make this facility available from day one on all its iPhone, iPads etc.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
      I have yet to understand why on earth Apple didn't make this facility available from day one on all its iPhone, iPads etc.
      It took them a while to even add the App Store.
      Jahooba -
      Man, I do love Swipeselection - one of the best things I miss on a jailbroken device.

Thanks for the comments on how small the keys are - the normal iOS keys are small enough as it is!
      TDH Advocate -
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
      Can't wait for Altkeyboard to come to the App Store, that's my favorite 3rd party keyboard by far!
      That keyboard is what almost made me not buy the keyboard. Kind of wish I hadn't bought it. Hopefully it'll get better through updates in the future.
      sstroud -
      Auto-Cap and auto-correct are always on eventhough off in the keyboard setting. was not like this in the jailbroken app

my error. did not realize there is an icon for the app where you can configure these. happy now
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
      you don't enter passwords with 3rd party keyboards. it uses the iOS keyboard for password fields.
      That's good to hear, what about credit card/bank account details though?

I might just be being paranoid but....
      therandy -
      swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection swipeselection

I need it ASAP...i hate typing on my idevices without it.
      Parana6 -
      I tried it and had to delete. First wasn't working with messages, had to restart the phone, then it wouldn't work with Facebook, I had to delete it.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook