• Meet iPad Air 2, the World's Thinnest Tablet

Having sold more than 225 million iPads around the world since the device launched in spring 2010, Apple knows a thing or two about building groundbreaking tablets, the most recent of which (until today) was the iPad Air.

And this morning, we heard plenty about why iPad Air is the greatest tablet on the market. So how then do you make the best tablet even better? Phil Schiller was tasked with answering that question as he took the stage to unveil the second generation iPad Air (iPad Air 2).

For starters, it's the thinnest iPad ever made -- 18% thinner than the first iPad Air, which was already 20% thinner than the iPad before it. It is the thinnest tablet in the world, Schiller says.

Helping to redefine the product, iPad Air 2 comes with the long-awaited Touch ID fingerprint sensor, a snazzy new anti-reflective screen coating (mitigating glare by 56 percent over first-gen iPad Air), and, as expected, a lightning fast A8X chip.

With improved cameras (front and back) and photo-related features (like time lapse and breathtaking panoramic capabilities), the graphics performance is also 180 times faster in this new model. Best of all, we're told, all features don't detract from battery life. It still has a 10-hour guaranteed battery life.

More details to come as the presentation rolls on. Please stay with MMi for more news as it emerges from this morning's media event.

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Meet iPad Air 2, the World's Thinnest Tablet started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      bry2k2 -
      Wow, its amazing, no wait pretty much the same thing as last years model.
      The6uest -
      Lets see how long it takes people to bend it..
      nakedcrook -
      I am glad to see the bending features are coming to all of Apple's devices.
      Striknine -
      Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
      Wow, its amazing, no wait pretty much the same thing as last years model.
      I agree, why would someone care to update when realistically they are getting the same device. Oh but wait, they added the fingerprint sensor.....Groundbreaking!
      Apple is that guy that re-wraps last years presents and puts them back under the tree.

C'mon Apple give us something innovative. You employ the sharpest people, but we keep getting the same product with incremental features. Wow us..... One day the iPad may be powerful enough to run OSX Tired Kitty.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
      I agree, why would someone care to update when realistically they are getting the same device. Oh but wait, they added the fingerprint sensor.....Groundbreaking!
      Apple is that guy that re-wraps last years presents and puts them back under the tree.

C'mon Apple give us something innovative. You employ the sharpest people, but we keep getting the same product with incremental features. Wow us..... One day the iPad may be powerful enough to run OSX Tired Kitty.
      I know this is off-topic, but I'm loving your Absinthe profile pic.
      HovikGas -
      Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
      One day the iPad may be powerful enough to run OSX Tired Kitty.
      Haha, that was good, but they've moved away from the cats... If you want to make fun of them more realistically, you could have said OS X Land Fill, or OS X Global Warming, since they're all about nature now, haha
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook