• Apple Blows Earnings Estimates Out of the Water

Moments ago, Apple reported record September earnings for its fourth fiscal quarter of 2014.

According to the details announced, earnings per share came in at $1.42 on revenue of $42.1 billion.

This easily blows out of the water the $1.31 earnings per share expected by analysts, who were also predicting earnings of $39.84 billion.

Net profit, Apple says, is $8.5 billion vs. $7.5 billion in the same quarter last year.

Noting that demand for the company's new iPhones was "off the charts," Apple confirms it sold 39.3 million iPhones during the quarter ending September 30th.

The biggest downer of the report was iPad. Pad sales for Q4 of 2014 came in at 12.3 million, down from 13.1 million in the same quarter of 2013. However, Apple believes the recent iPad refreshes announced less than one week ago will reinvigorate the product line's sales in the months to come.

"Our fiscal 2014 was one for the record books, including the biggest iPhone launch ever with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus," Apple CEO Tim Cook said in the formal announcement of earnings. "With amazing innovations in our new iPhones, iPads and Macs, as well as iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite, we are heading into the holidays with Apple's strongest product lineup ever. We are also incredibly excited about Apple Watch and other great products and services in the pipeline for 2015."

Source: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Blows Earnings Estimates Out of the Water started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Jahooba -
      If they iPads weren't doing so hot, then why on Earth did they only slap a touch sensor on the iPad Mini and increase the price $100?

Apple is usually really good at offering incentives to upgrade, but the iPad Mini 3 has me scratching my head. My best guess is that they don't want people to buy the Mini any longer - now they want people to buy an iPhone 6 Plus instead.
      SpiderManAPV -
      And dropping the iPod touch.. That has me scratching my head.
      exNavy -
      Funny this page http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/ shows an ipod touch for sale.
      fleurya -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
      If they iPads weren't doing so hot, then why on Earth did they only slap a touch sensor on the iPad Mini and increase the price $100?

Apple is usually really good at offering incentives to upgrade, but the iPad Mini 3 has me scratching my head. My best guess is that they don't want people to buy the Mini any longer - now they want people to buy an iPhone 6 Plus instead.
      Ummm, where did you see that they increased the price $100??

Also, you think they would invest in upgrading a device they don't want anyone to buy???

Whatever your smoking, I'll take a hit!
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      Funny this page http://www.apple.com/ipod-touch/ shows an ipod touch for sale.
      No new ipod makes it virtually worthless. It most likely won't even run iOS 9 or possibly even later versions of 8.
      bigboyz -
      iPad Mini is the same price it was last year and the year before. Now it comes with the finger reader. Also, the iPod Touch is still for sale. Where do people get this info??
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook