• Saurik Releases iOS 8 Cydia for New Pangu Jailbreak, But You Have to Install it

For those of you that haven't already heard, there is now a jailbreak for iOS 8.0-8.1 thanks to the infamous Pangu jailbreak team. The only caveat is that Cydia isn't installed along with the new jailbreak just yet; not to mention, it's still in Chinese and is only available on Windows at this point in time.

Thankfully though, because of the creator of Cydia himself, it is now possible to get Cydia on your jailbroken iOS 8 device right now. Saurik updated his response to the Pangu jailbreak on Reddit with information regarding the latest build of Cydia that is now iOS 8-compatible:

I've given a new version of Cydia Installer in the form of a standard jailbreak bootstrap for inclusion in a new version of their jailbreak. I've also pushed the .deb of the iOS 8 version of Cydia to apt.saurik.com for manual download, but not yet to my repository. A lot of thanks goes out to limneos, who tested the new build for me, as I was at an airport (and now am frantically typing this message while they figure out how to retract the jetbridge from the plane I'm on that is about to take off).
    Saurik notes that he has passed along the files for the Pangu team to include Cydia in a future version of the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 8, and also that for those interested in downloading Cydia manually and installing it manually, it can be done right now. You just have to head over to Saurik's Web site to download the files you need to install via SSH.

Since Cydia Substrate is not yet ready for iOS 8, many of your jailbreak tweaks are still not ready to be installed on iOS 8, so hang tight!

Sources: Reddit
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Releases iOS 8 Cydia for New Pangu Jailbreak, But You Have to Install it started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 79 Comments
      EVO -
      man Saurik....
      buttamix -
      Wow this is pretty awesome. I updated my Mac to Yosemite and I'm bummed because my iphone and ipad are jailbroken on 7.1.2 so I can't use the new features that ios 8 bring. Now it looks like I will be able to very soon at that!!!
      Breezy215 -
      Saurik isn't God, but he's the next best thing!!! lol #salutetothegenius
      holyshnikes -
      Saurik is the man. Where would the JB community be without him?
      ca3sar -
      Is it safe to say if we wait for the update, it will install Cydia with the jb?
      chiraagnt -
      Awesome! Can't wait to have a jailbroken iPhone running iOS 8!
      novadam -
      I'm just nervous about the whole "Apple is testing 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3 simultaneously."

My 6+ won't ship until around 11/14 (ordered today). I obv want a fresh clean 8.1 install before the JB. worried 8.2 will be right on 8.1's heels with a patch.
      scroogelives -
      I think these guys will have a replacement jailbreak soon after apple issue 8.2 & 8.3! And all those going on about wasted exploits should consider we don't know how many exploits they have found!
      Cmds187 -
      can't wait 5s & 6
      roger1079 -
      Awesome.....now people can ruin their Apple devices with garbage tweaks and steal software from hardworking developers all at the cost of poor stability and poor battery life. Way to go dev's for again undermining Apple's pursuit of a flawless device. If you guys want poorly working software on an unstable device, just go buy something running Android. Hopefully Apple closes this hole quickly.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by roger1079 View Post
      Awesome.....now people can ruin their Apple devices with garbage tweaks and steal software from hardworking developers all at the cost of poor stability and poor battery life. Way to go dev's for again undermining Apple's pursuit of a flawless device. If you guys want poorly working software on an unstable device, just go buy something running Android. Hopefully Apple closes this hole quickly.
      What? If you don't like jailbreak just don't do it. Also, you've obviously never jailbroken if you think that's all it is.
      jonathan1683 -
      why do you care?
      novadam -
      haha alrighty then

also, those "garbage tweaks" that we've been installing for years are your favorite parts of iOS now.
      roger1079 -
      I actually have jailbroken my devices previously and starting with IOS7 all the worthwhile jailbreak tweaks were included in the IOS update by competent developers at Apple. If you want a sampling of worthless tweaks, just look at any of the "Best tweaks of the week" posts here. Oooooh.....increase the blur of the notification drawer or change the distance between the text and icons. Talk about absolutely AWESOME! I can't wait to get that jailbreak installed so I can get started wrecking the stability of my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      haha alrighty then

also, those "garbage tweaks" that we've been installing for years are your favorite parts of iOS now.
      I know this. The difference is those tweaks were coded by competent developers at Apple that actually have a standard to meet when it comes to stability and battery life.
      Answer1o1 -
      Jailbroke. Installed Cydia. Can't MMS. iPhone 6
      SpiderManAPV -
      All of them? I think no. I still have that the majority of my tweaks are functionality. Maybe all the tweaks you used, but that's certainly not true for all of them. And while it has certainly been a slow tweak month since the release of ip6, some people just like that extra little bit of customizability.
      roger1079 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
      Jailbroke. Installed Cydia. Can't MMS. iPhone 6
      LMAO.....point proven.
      novadam -
      I actually have jailbroken my devices previously and starting with IOS7 all the worthwhile jailbreak tweaks were included in the IOS update by competent developers at Apple. If you want a sampling of worthless tweaks, just look at any of the "Best tweaks of the week" posts here. Oooooh.....increase the blur of the notification drawer or change the distance between the text and icons. Talk about absolutely AWESOME! I can't wait to get that jailbreak installed so I can get started wrecking the stability of my phone.
      sooo ... it was super duper ok while YOU were jailbreaking, but now you've decided not to jailbreak so everyone who still does are stupid thieves.

got it. any suggestions on what kind of foods I should think taste good?
      SpiderManAPV -
      LMAO.....point proven.
      What part about "not public release" is too difficult to grasp?
      DarthTater -
      LMAO.....point proven.
      Out of curiosity, if you have no interest in jailbreak...why bash? Seems petty.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook