• OS X Users Report Bluetooth Connectivity and Lag Issues after OS X Yosemite Update

In what appears to be another one of the infamous growing threads on Apple Support Communities forums, users are reporting that OS X Yosemite has recurring Bluetooth issues. Apparently the new version of OS X has created connectivity problems when it comes to using Appleís hardware such as the Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, Apple wireless keyboard and third-party wireless accessories. Other users are complaining about a noticeable lag with the devices.

Various users are having problems in various situations. Some users re said the problems donít exist when their MacBook Pro is charging others are saying they are experiencing constant issues regardless of what state their device is in. The issues arenít only limited to the MacBook Pro either, some users are reporting problems connecting their iPhone over Bluetooth to their Mac while other non-Apple accessories are said to have issues including Bluetooth headphones and speakers.

This doesnít appear to be the first time that users are having Bluetooth issues either. Last monthís release of iOS 8 for the iPhone and iPad also had several Bluetooth connectivity issues, particularly when trying to connect the iPhone to a carís Bluetooth-enabled hands free system. Some of the problems caused in iOS 8 were recently fixed by the launch of iOS 8.1 but weíll have to wait and see how and when Apple responds to the Bluetooth issues caused by OS X Yosemite.

Are any of you experiencing any such issues? If so, what is your situation like?

Source: Apple (Discussions) via AppleInsider
    This article was originally published in forum thread: OS X Users Report Bluetooth Connectivity and Lag Issues after OS X Yosemite Update started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 19 Comments
      cyberjunkyfreak -
      yay! i've had no issues on my Mac Mini since running the Yosemite beta... however 27" iMac that recently installed the GM has been plagued with these bluetooth issues. hopefully a fix comes soon!
      bmwraw8482 -
      2010 and 2011 mbp's working just fine 💩
      chevymusclecar -
      I do a lot of ps batch automation on my rmbp late 2013. With mavericks everything was fine, since moving to Yosemite I get "app memory is low" and it pauses my batches. Really sucks that that happens now!
      bootleg -
      i have a mac mini with mac bluetooth keyboard and mac bluetooth trackpad and no issues whatsoever with Yosemite
      vitaminme -
      mac mini: ethernet connection issue.

it takes almost 30 secs to connect to network once wake from sleep mode. really irritating.
      novadam -
      My iMac is fine.
      N17REX -
      Try pairing your iPhone (iOS 8.1) to your MAC (Yosemite). I couldn't. Other people were having issues, so I gave it a try and failed.
      Slmchrist -
      Quote Originally Posted by N17REX View Post
      Try pairing your iPhone (iOS 8.1) to your MAC (Yosemite). I couldn't. Other people were having issues, so I gave it a try and failed.
      Yes I've been trying for two days now. iPhone 5 pairing to my late 2012 iMac will not pair. Very Frustrating, really want to use continuity feature. Bummer!!!
      LeslieBee -
      Why the heck is Apple using Bluetooth for this anyway? For one, they know only their most recent hardware includes Bluetooth 4.0. Why not use good old reliable Wi-Fi?

If this is Apple's way of trying to get people to upgrade, they can stick that idea where the sun never shines.
      Gino210 -
      I have the same problem with my MacBook Pro retina 2013 :-(
      Silverado1987 -
      my 21" iMac has been perfect
      richsvo -
      You do not need to pair your iPhone to your Mac in order to use handoff.
      bmwraw8482 -
      What do you gain by pairing an iPhone with a Mac? Are there some features I'm missing out on?
      HomerBoy -
      Very annoying on Mac Mini, it keeps dropping the connections and gets very slow during.....
      HovikGas -
      And here I thought it was the batteries dying on me...
      Slmchrist -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      What do you gain by pairing an iPhone with a Mac? Are there some features I'm missing out on?
      Doesn't continuity work with iPhone as well as iPad etc . I thought you had to connect them by Bluetooth.
      Continuity also works with emails from iPhone to iMac etc. hate typing on my iPhone 5 but still want the small form factor.

Quote Originally Posted by richsvo View Post
      You do not need to pair your iPhone to your Mac in order to use handoff.
      Then how does the continuity feature work without pairing the 2 devices. I'm not talking about the calling feature.
      bigboyz -
      I tested the phone calling feature and it took a good 4-6 rings before my MBP even recognized the call that had been ringing on my phone. A bit laggy to say the least.
      TTGator -
      Just FYI you CANNOT pair an iPhone with your Mac. It's not designed to pair. Took me forever to get it after reading many people with this "issue". Bluetooth just works with your mac when you are signed in with the same iCloud account.
      bobroy1 -
      I know this is not the right Forum, but had to say : my Bluetooth connectivity to my car, is still not resolved, even updating my iPhone 6 to ios 8.1
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook