• Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailbreak

On Monday, the Pangu jailbreak team released an update for its untether package for the iOS 8.x untethered jailbreak. The update is available from the blue Pangu application that users who have jailbroken with Pangu for iOS 8.x have on their Home Screen:

Just open the application and head over to the Manager tab to find your update, download it, and install it.

The updated package fixes the problems users were reporting with iMessage not working and Mobile Safari crashing all the time. It also fixes the problem with Cydia Substrate that made it so users needed to perform a respring (killall backboardd) every time they would reboot their device, as Saurik noted when he released Cydia Substrate for iOS 8.x.

The Pangu jailbreak team is still working hard on releasing an English version of its iOS 8.x jailbreaking tool for Windows with Cydia bundled into the jailbreak. The new version of the jailbreak tool, which has yet to be released, is expected to include these bug fixes out of the box.

At this point in time, users still need to install Cydia manually after jailbreaking with Pangu for iOS 8.x (here's a guide on how to do that). If you're interested in how to jailbreak using Pangu for iOS 8.x, you can read our guide at this link.

Update: A quick note from Pangu. If you're having any SpringBoard crashing problems after updating to the latest version of the Pangu untether, you will need to hard-reboot your device and power up while pressing on the volume up button to enter a state where no jailbreak extensions are usable. From here, you can uninstall tweaks that are not compatible, then reboot, and your issue should be fixed:

This article was originally published in forum thread: Updated Pangu Untether Package for iOS 8.x Brings Numerous Fixes to the Jailbreak started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 150 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      So will this come updated if I jailbreak today or will I still need to do this?

Edit: Does this fix the passcode/touch id bug?
      Simon -
      ooh, do I dare try it lol. Nothing on the passcode causing bootloop when rebooting yet huh (other than the manual fix which requires a restore)?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      So will this come updated if I jailbreak today or will I still need to do this?

Edit: Does this fix the passcode/touch id bug?
      It won't come updated until Pangu updates their jailbreak tool.

And no, it doesn't yet, unfortunately.
      Anonomys -
      Worked out just fine for me. I had already applied to fix for the passcode bug so I can't report on that bro. Everything else is working fine tho, I can reboot without having to respring afterwards.
      mexchorizo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
      Worked out just fine for me. I had already applied to fix for the passcode bug so I can't report on that bro. Everything else is working fine tho, I can reboot without having to respring afterwards.
      How did you fix the passcode bug?
      Supa_xL -
      When cydia is bundled in do you think we can just upgrade the jailbreak from the pangu app on the homescreen? I've been reluctant to installing cydia manually since it looks like too much trouble
      ezlnh8u -
      anyone else is experiencing issues when downloading apps from the app store not showing up on the homescreen?
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
      When cydia is bundled in do you think we can just upgrade the jailbreak from the pangu app on the homescreen? I've been reluctant to installing cydia manually since it looks like too much trouble
      http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-tutorial.html
      NCRISPI -
      Quote Originally Posted by mexchorizo View Post
      How did you fix the passcode bug?

>> Follow this
      Pangu8 Bootloop Fix: do not open Cydia until you have done this! [Updated]
      Answer1o1 -
      Why doesn't everyone just wait for the official public release? All the issues will be gone. Most of the apps/tweaks will be updated. There won't be a need to apply any manual fixes..it will be headache free.
      donbp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      ooh, do I dare try it lol. Nothing on the passcode causing bootloop when rebooting yet huh (other than the manual fix which requires a restore)?
      Somebody posted this guide a few days back and it completey fixes the issuie with having a passcode and rebooting.

http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...ml#post7160965
      Anonomys -
      The boot loop fix is really simple, I found it on reddit the other day and shared it in a thread and someone did a write up on it. It works just fine, been solid ever since.
      Fancy pants -
      Everybody just wait like a week so u can just plug in jailbreak and done. No problems no freezing I mean it came out quick we should have waited a couple more months like usual I'm sure a week or 2 until everything works fine won't kill you
      Anonomys -
      Quote Originally Posted by ezlnh8u View Post
      anyone else is experiencing issues when downloading apps from the app store not showing up on the homescreen?
      Yes, I've been having problems with the AppStore in general. Apps won't download at all, or they'll look like they're downloading and then not show up until a couple of resprings later… weird stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy pants View Post
      Everybody just wait like a week so u can just plug in jailbreak and done. No problems no freezing I mean it came out quick we should have waited a couple more months like usual I'm sure a week or 2 until everything works fine won't kill you
      Rather not thanks. Everything is working fine right now. If you can't handle it that's up don't you, don't go raining on everyone else's parade [emoji4]
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anonomys View Post
      Yes, I've been having problems with the AppStore in general. Apps won't download at all, or they'll look like they're downloading and then not show up until a couple of resprings later… weird stuff lol

Rather not thanks. Everything is working fine right now. If you can't handle it that's up don't you, don't go ruining everyone else's day [emoji4]
      I personally find that kinda funny. "Yeah, I'm having that problem too. No, I have no problems"
      Anonomys -
      Lol I hardly call having to respring a couple times a reason not to jailbreak, but to each their own. Like I said, if you can't handle it, that's up to you...
      sju -
      no problems here find my iphone is on and lockscreen passcode on fingerprint on no safari crashes all working just fine. but this update doent fix det respring problem it is still on my 6 plus 8.1
      Rcworship -
      Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
      Why doesn't everyone just wait for the official public release? All the issues will be gone. Most of the apps/tweaks will be updated. There won't be a need to apply any manual fixes..it will be headache free.
      We all like being involved and tinkering. Otherwise, we're just impatient! It's like installing the beta of OS X. In some cases we can offer our input in terms of bugs and software usability issues. Oh! And we want to be the first!
      Anonomys -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
      We all like being involved and tinkering. Otherwise, we're just impatient! It's like installing the beta of OS X. In some cases we can offer our input in terms of bugs and software usability issues. Oh! And we want to be the first!
      Haha exactly, had Yosemite on my Hackintosh since DP1 lol if we didn't love to tinker, we wouldn't be here! [emoji4][emoji4]
      thazsar -
      I'm not having an AppStore issue BUT any application (e.g. Filza) from Cydia required a reboot to show up
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook