• iPhone Coming to Iran? That's Apple's Plan

Although Apple has managed to establish a foothold in a great number of countries around the world, the Middle East remains an emerging mobile market where Apple can -- and should -- be gaining market share faster than it presently is. Complicating matters, however, is the fact that Apple hasn't been granted easy access to millions of consumers.

But that may soon change in one Middle Eastern nation where the young population there is ready to flock to Apple's iPhone. If the WSJ's latest report is true, Apple is working to get its red-hot smartphone into Iran (where iPhone sales on the black market are already big business).

The report in question indicates that senior Apple executives have recently taken meetings with potential Iranian distributors. The meetings took place in London, however, not the Middle East. This is according to multiple sources, not just one individual claiming to know the scoop.

But don't expect a deal to be reached overnight.

"A move into Iran for any Western company is still fraught with obstacles," Wednesday's report reminds us. "Yet Apple’s conversations come amid a flurry of similar, exploratory contacts between Western companies and Iranian businesspeople about how to set up shop in Iran, should a recent diplomatic thaw lead to a permanent easing of economic sanctions."

Source: WSJ
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone Coming to Iran? That's Apple's Plan started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      GodfatherSadri -
      That is great news for the people in Iran. I do know the iPhone is really popular there and I remember the "middle man" would charge a pretty high mark up for an unlocked iPhone when I last visited. People have a lot of money out there and a little over 80 Million population. Hope it pans out! :-)
      Jahooba -
      My themes are popular in the Middle East, so I'm all for this
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook