• Saurik Updates Cydia Substrate Once Again

On Thursday, Saurik has released yet another update for the Cydia Substrate extension for the iOS platform via Cydia. While the recent updates to the Cydia Substrate extension have been merely for making the extension more compatible with the iOS 8.x jailbreak from Pangu, this update focuses on something a little different.

Saurik mentions in the release notes that this version of Cydia Substrate (version 0.9.5016) is intended to make the extension a bit more compatible with earlier versions of iOS, such as iOS 4.3 and earlier.

The updated solves a problem on these devices running earlier versions of iOS where the device could be sent into a continuous boot loop after installing the latest version of Cydia Substrate for iOS 8.x. With this issue now fixed, those running iOS 4.3 or earlier are now safe to install the latest version of Cydia Substrate without having to worry about this problem happening to them.

The update is available in Cydia right now from the Changes tab after you refresh your Cydia sources. We'll keep you updated on the latest, so stay tuned!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Updates Cydia Substrate Once Again started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 20 Comments
      thazsar -
      It's funny that the majority of updates on Cydia is for Cyd Substrate!

I always have this illusion that Saurik can write a tweak and it'll be perfect right away! He actually is human and not a cyborg!!! [emoji23]
      NewD -
      So if we're not on 4.3.. this update really isn't for us?
      envious86 -
      Is it just me or does everybody get the "unable to purchase" on Cydia even though tweak is compatible for iOS 8?
      oneduality -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      It's funny that the majority of updates on Cydia is for Cyd Substrate!

I always have this illusion that Saurik can write a tweak and it'll be perfect right away! He actually is human and not a cyborg!!! [emoji23]
      An update for Cydia Installer was just rolled out and it fixes the passcode problem! .. I just tested it.. I set up my passcode and touch ID then powered off the phone.. powered it back up and no issues were had.
      HovikGas -
      There was an update for Cydia Installer too, and Saurik recommended that those who did the stashing modifications should restore their phones and jailbreak again... Is that really necessary? I suppose I could have gone a week without TouchID, but I figured if there was a way around it, I'd rather have it. Now that I've got it exactly the way I want, do I really have to restore and jailbreak again?
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
      There was an update for Cydia Installer too, and Saurik recommended that those who did the stashing modifications should restore their phones and jailbreak again... Is that really necessary? I suppose I could have gone a week without TouchID, but I figured if there was a way around it, I'd rather have it. Now that I've got it exactly the way I want, do I really have to restore and jailbreak again?
      I'm waiting to hear from other users that have done the Password Fix to see if their device still worx after updating the Installer

You can follow this thread for more info:
      http://modmyi.com/forums/member-writ...-tutorial.html
      Simon -
      Glad I waited for the passcode fix. No need to restore now.
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
      Glad I waited for the passcode fix. No need to restore now.
      We already have one success without having to restore using the PW Bug fix. Waiting for more to test it out.
      bbrks -
      So with Cydia 1.1.14, I guess, all the bugs and problems are resolved. Pangu guys just have to assemble one click jailbreak tool. I am sure, it's just around the corner
      fluffybunnyabc -
      I did the fix, I just updated and it's fine so go ahead guys but the stash folder is still empty so should we restore ?
      ashasg03 -
      Pangu have announced that if all testing goes well the full jb tool for windows will be released tomorrow woooooo
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by ashasg03 View Post
      Pangu have announced that if all testing goes well the full jb tool for windows will be released tomorrow woooooo
      Source?
      ashasg03 -
      Pangu official Twitter feed
      oneduality -
      Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
      It's probably safest to restore it.. you could keep it as it is but then you might have issues if you upgrade Cydia.. and you KNOW Cydia upgrades will probably be coming since we're still early into the jailbreak.

I simply left it be.. no mods.. I knew a fix would come

I'm really surprised modmyi hasn't posted an article about the cydia installer update .. since it fixes the passcode thing it's pretty big news.. must be sleeping!
      bbrks -
      They could be waiting for tomorrows Pangu 1.1 complete jailbreak tool
      Josulon -
      Ready Pangu tool installl CYDIA INSTALLER 1.1.16

Ready now Pangu tool installl CYDIA INSTALLER 1.1.16

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      They could be waiting for tomorrows Pangu 1.1 complete jailbreak tool
      Ready now Pangu tool installl CYDIA INSTALLER 1.1.16
      fluffybunnyabc -
      Quote Originally Posted by oneduality View Post
      It's probably safest to restore it.. you could keep it as it is but then you might have issues if you upgrade Cydia.. and you KNOW Cydia upgrades will probably be coming since we're still early into the jailbreak.

I simply left it be.. no mods.. I knew a fix would come

I'm really surprised modmyi hasn't posted an article about the cydia installer update .. since it fixes the passcode thing it's pretty big news.. must be sleeping!
      Updated no problems
      NewD -
      I updated in Cydia after having used workaround. No restore in between. All fine here..
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      We already have one success without having to restore using the PW Bug fix. Waiting for more to test it out.
      Good to hear. Saurik was probably just being overly safe stating that.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook