• Prominent Leaders, Celebrities Praise Cook for Brave Admission

As MMi reported this morning, Apple CEO Tim Cook has penned an open letter to Bloomberg Businessweek, in which the Apple chief executive revealed that he is “proud to be gay."

In the hours that followed, countless Apple colleagues, supporters, and even competitors directed praise toward Cook in response to his decision to come forward.

"@tim_cook = Courageous Proud to work for you and be your friend," Philip Schiller tweeted. Moments later, Eddy Cue added to the flood of positive comments, tweeting that he is "Proud of my friend and colleague!"

Throughout the day, an increasingly impressive array of prominent figures and celebrities added their thoughts, including former president Bill Clinton, who posted to social media: "From one son of the South and sports fanatic to another, my hat's off to you, @Tim_cook."

Even Apple competitor Microsoft wasn't absent from the congratulations. "Inspired by @tim_cook: 'Life’s most persistent & urgent question is ‘What are you doing for others?’" tweeted Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

"While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven't publicly acknowledged it either, until now," Cook wrote in the open letter published today. "So let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me. Being gay has given me a deeper understanding of what it means to be in the minority and provided a window into the challenges that people in other minority groups deal with every day."
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Prominent Leaders, Celebrities Praise Cook for Brave Admission started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      nakedcrook -
      This is so stupid. Who cares if he is gay.

What would happen if Eric Schmidt wrote an open letter saying he is a proud heterosexual? Would he get the same level of attention?

NO!

Stop pandering to these "minorities" by making them feel special.
      NSXrebel -
      Quote Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
      This is so stupid. Who cares if he is gay.

What would happen if Eric Schmidt wrote an open letter saying he is a proud heterosexual? Would he get the same level of attention?

NO!

Stop pandering to these "minorities" by making them feel special.

Is there ANYTHING positive you contribute to this site or are you just full of hatred for Apple, iPhones, iOS, Mac, Gays, Minorities, and who know what else??!!
      Zokunei -
      I guess that all the people who think this is like being a proud heterosexual don't realize that it used to be pretty dangerous to announce this kind of thing and still is in certain social settings.
      nakedcrook -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      Is there ANYTHING positive you contribute to this site or are you just full of hatred for Apple, iPhones, iOS, Mac, Gays, Minorities, and who know what else??!!
      Honestly...who cares if he is gay? That is a serious question. Do you care? I doubt it.

It is nothing special. You are not God's gift to mankind (quite the opposite for some religious folks) if you are gay. The only thing that is different is that he was portraying a false sense of self to the world, so, shame on him for lying. Also, before anyone says it, a lie of omission is still a lie. But then, what does he hope to get from this? Is he hoping for a reward cause he is gay AND the CEO of Apple? Is it like...an achievement? Who cares if he is gay.

Tim Cook could be the Queen of Gay Panthers from Space...and I would not care, and neither should anyone else!

And for the record...I contribute common sense; the one thing that is clearly lacking, especially for you.
      Zokunei -
      Honestly...who cares if he is gay? That is a serious question. Do you care? I doubt it.

It is nothing special. You are not God's gift to mankind (quite the opposite for some religious folks) if you are gay. The only thing that is different is that he was portraying a false sense of self to the world, so, shame on him for lying. Also, before anyone says it, a lie of omission is still a lie. But then, what does he hope to get from this? Is he hoping for a reward cause he is gay AND the CEO of Apple? Is it like...an achievement? Who cares if he is gay.

Tim Cook could be the Queen of Gay Panthers from Space...and I would not care, and neither should anyone else!

And for the record...I contribute common sense; the one thing that is clearly lacking, especially for you.
      Um, so which is it? If he doesn't say he's gay he's lying by omission but if he says he's gay you blame him for trying to make everyone make him feel special? You're a moron AND a troll. Want an award for that?
      turdsmoka -

Because proud gay people are role models for closeted gay people, who believe it or not, are abused in the world. When anyone stands up and declares they are proud of who they are, it reminds those who are uncertain that they are not alone and should not be ashamed.

Also, when idiots who know nothing spread lies and hate about any minority group, its helpful to have examples of people who disprove those lies.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook