• MyWi On Demand is Yet Another Jailbreak Tweak Borrowed By Apple to Make iOS Great

Over the years, Apple has made natural progressions to their operating system to bring it up to speed with competing operating systems on the market; even if this meant borrowing from the jailbreak community to make it happen. Most of the tweaks that have been implemented in iOS 8 and other versions of iOS already have already been a part of competing operating systems, and thus haven't been much of an original idea. With that being said, it hasn't so much as made Apple feel shameful for "borrowing" the ideas from the jailbreak community.

On the other hand, a true game-changer in the jailbreak community has also been implemented in iOS 8, which hasn't before been around on competing platforms, nor as other jailbreak tweaks. MyWi On Demand, a popular piece of software for creating an automatic and instant Internet connection on your devices, has also been implemented in iOS 8 as a feature called "Instant Hotspot," as Intelliborn's Mario Ciabarra claims:

What this feature allows you to do is connect to your iPhone's data connection on the fly and automatically, without ever having to turn a switch on to enable or disable the feature. Using Apple's new Continuity between iOS devices and Mac OS X machines, Instant Hotspot allows the computer to tell the iPhone when it needs a data connection due to the lack of Wi-Fi connection, and the iPhone will instantly give the Mac an Internet connection... sound familiar?

While Apple has borrowed from the jailbreak community countless times in the past, this particular instance is kind of a big deal. Not only is MyWi On Demand the first piece of software to ever allow a mobile device to immediately and automatically give a computer an instant data connection, but it's the only piece of software to allow this. This time, Apple has no one except for the jailbreak community to thank for this donation to the mobile operating system, as not even competing mobile operating systems, such as Android, had this feature before the release of iOS 8.

Fortunately, Ciabarra notes that he is more flattered than he is distraught about the news. Rather than suing Apple for stealing Intelliborn's original idea, Ciabarra is just happy that Apple found the feature to be worthwhile enough to be implemented into the public release of iOS 8, where it can be used by many.

Sources: Mario Ciabarra of Intelliborn
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MyWi On Demand is Yet Another Jailbreak Tweak Borrowed By Apple to Make iOS Great started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 16 Comments
      jackbauerctu -
      Ummmm iPhones already have a hotspot feature. The real question is, does this app circumvent carrier tethering restrictions?? That's the ENTIRE point of MyWi!
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by jackbauerctu View Post
      Ummmm iPhones already have a hotspot feature. The real question is, does this app circumvent carrier tethering restrictions?? That's the ENTIRE point of MyWi!
      This is about the "On Demand" feature of MyWi. Not MyWi itself. They're totally different features.
      jackbauerctu -
      Thanks for the clarification
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Thanks for the clarification
      More information here if you'd like to know how MyWi On Demand works:

MyWi OnDemand - Connect iPad® to iPhone® Tethering
      bmwraw8482 -
      Great feature... If u have unlimited data. Imagine accidentally downloading a couple movies using your phones data connection... Oops
      pchrist -
      Is this an app for iOS 8 or a setting to turn on?
      Eonhpi -
      Apple send that man some money

Sent from space
      fleurya -
      Most of the best new features that have hit smartphones in the last 5 years have originated form the jailbreak/root dev community.

Whenever FanDroid like to point out that "Android did it first" I love pointing out that, "no they didn't, they just stole it first"
      Hondamaker -
      I hope that MyWi gets updated for iPhone 6/6 Plus soon!
      jackbauerctu -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
      I hope that MyWi gets updated for iPhone 6/6 Plus soon!
      Hi Xxxxxxx,

Our team is working on the ios8 updates for our apps. You can find the latest information if you follow us on Twitter, @intelliborn.

Thank you for your interest in Intelliborn,

Jackie Cross

-----Original
      Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2014 12:15 PM
      To: Intelliborn Support
      Subject: Intelliborn Contact for MyWi 7.0/OnDemand

Fromxxxxxxxx
      For App: MyWi 7.0/OnDemand
      Email: [email protected]
      Comments: ETA on compatability for iOS 8? Already purchased mywi for my iPhone 5 iOS 7 but wish to get it for my newly jailbroken iPhone 6... Thanks!!
      PCYoda -
      Umm... What exactly is so special about this?

If I just simply never disable the hotspot feature on my iPhone, and I have my preferred WiFi networks list properly prioritized, my laptop - whether a Mac or PC, whether Yosemite or Leopard, whether Windows XP or Windows 7 - will automatically join unless there's a higher priority network (such as my office or home wifi) present.

Sure, maybe they found a way of doing it in a fashion that consumes slightly less battery, but the general concept isn't really all that special or new.
      SpottedBilagaana -
      NO, it doesn't circumvent anything.
      Fahad Yaqoob -
      How can i copy post in facebook
      Sage I -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fahad Yaqoob View Post
      How can i copy post in facebook
      You should Google that question...
      Fahad Yaqoob -
      I cant found
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fahad Yaqoob View Post
      I cant found