• Southwest Airlines, Apple Bring Beats to Travelers

On Monday, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines announced a new form of in-flight entertainment that comes to passengers by way of Apple. The airline plans to give customers "a new reason to pack their headphones." Starting today, Beats Music is providing a "uniquely curated music experience" onboard Southwest Airlines WiFi-enabled aircraft.

We're told that customers accessing Beats Music onboard have an opportunity to listen to wide-ranging music programming -- which can be personalized to a listener's tastes -- in pop, rock, country, and other genres.

"Southwest connects our Customers to what is important in their lives, and in this case, it's music," Kevin Krone, Southwest Airlines Chief Marketing Officer said in a release today. "We continue to enhance our onboard offerings to remain current as our Customers' needs evolve, and with the addition of Beats Music on our entertainment portal, we're doing just that."

Southwest, of course, has a long history of deploying Apple products and platforms in-flight, most notably Apple's iPad as a means to replace the hefty paper-based reference materials pilots use in the cockpit.

Source: Southwest
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Southwest Airlines, Apple Bring Beats to Travelers started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      Just for clarification, their entertainment portal will stream beats music or while you're connected to their Wi-Fi you can access it for free?
      csglinux -
      The airline plans to give customers "a new reason to pack their headphones."

I heard they're going to offer customers a complimentary pair of Beats headphones. That will certainly give customers a very good reason to bring their own headphones ;-)
      bigboyz -
      Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
      The airline plans to give customers "a new reason to pack their headphones."

I heard they're going to offer customers a complimentary pair of Beats headphones. That will certainly give customers a very good reason to bring their own headphones ;-)
      HAHA! My son is 11 and he told me that they suck on his own. Love the innocence and honesty of youth.
      luvmytj -
      I'll let ya all know soon how it works. I arrived on a SW flight a few days ago and will be returning in a few more. I will give it a try. They already give you a small handful of TV stations to watch for free and some pay content.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook