• Upcoming iOS 8.1.1 Reportedly Kills the Pangu Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 8

iOS 8.0 through iOS 8.1 can be jailbroken with the latest version of Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8, although the upcoming release of iOS 8.1.1, which offers numerous bug fixes (especially to those on the iPhone 4s and iPad 2), reportedly patches the exploits used by the Pangu jailbreak tool, and therefore deems the new firmware NOT JAILBREAK SAFE.

The news was shared on Reddit's /r/jailbreak section by Reddit user illusionmist; the post can be found at this link.

At this point in time, iOS 8.1.1 is only available as a beta to developers. We expect that it won't be released to the public for at least another week or so, as developers test out the software to make sure it's absolutely free of as many bugs as possible before getting it into the public's hands.

If you're currently contemplating jailbreaking iOS 8, or you're on an earlier iOS version and want to get to iOS 8.1 to jailbreak, now is definitely the time to do it. Since iOS 8.1.1 is coming, Apple will soon close the doors to iOS 8.1 and you will no longer be able to get to a jailbreakable firmware.

If you're already happily jailbroken on iOS 8, refrain from upgrading to iOS 8.1.1, or you will lose your jailbreak.

Sources: Reddit
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Upcoming iOS 8.1.1 Reportedly Kills the Pangu Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 8 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 33 Comments
      StuG III -
      Devices shipping recently might come with only 8.0 or 8.0.2. I wonder what time you can get a iPhone 6/6+ with iOS 8.1 preinstalled?
      SpiderManAPV -
      I'm glad I decided to go ahead and upgrade.
      bisayakid07 -
      I'm very satisfied with jb 8.1
      scroogelives -
      Glad I'm already jailbroken
      SpottedBilagaana -
      Thanks to Pangu's hasty release, this will be the shortest jailbreak in history. As such, I imagine few developers will be updating their software.
      Kupe -
      Awwww man now we really really need that Mac version! Gahhhh I don't even know anybody with a Windows PC.
      Limpfoot -
      Am having some crazy battery drain on my iPhones 5 since jailbreaking. Hope it ll be fixed soon
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
      Awwww man now we really really need that Mac version! Gahhhh I don't even know anybody with a Windows PC.
      Come on over so u can be my guinea pig since I don't know anyone with a jailbroken device yet. Lol
      Kupe -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      Come on over so u can be my guinea pig since I don't know anyone with a jailbroken device yet. Lol
      No, after you! No, after you! Ahhh but I insist, you first No, you first!

claustin -
      My guess is they knew this would happen. It's why the other groups always waited until after the x.1.1 release to release their jailbreaks. I'm hoping Pangu or the others have a different exploit ready to go for 8.1.1 shortly.
      Michel1973 -
      I wanna have a bug free os so i let this jailbreak go... For sure there wil come another jailbreak for future os...

My iPhone 5s with iOS 7.1.2 is running very smooth so i don't wanna take a risk with this one :-)
      dkgreenaccord03 -
      Go to a library or ask a friend on facebook to let you use there computer. Put the Pangu jailbreak tool in a dropbox or whatever cloud your using and pull it up on someones window PC. Boom!
      hogcia -
      Um.... Just run Windows on your Mac.

Anyway, I am happily jailbroken!
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Limpfoot View Post
      Am having some crazy battery drain on my iPhones 5 since jailbreaking. Hope it ll be fixed soon
      Do you have the latest version of the Pangu untether installed? A recent update was supposed to have fixed that on 32-bit iOS devices.
      LatinGeo -
      Glad I JB my iPhone plus6 my wife's, my iPad Air Retina display and my iPad mini retina and my daughter iPhone 4s
      Limpfoot -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Do you have the latest version of the Pangu untether installed? A recent update was supposed to have fixed that on 32-bit iOS devices.
      I am on 0.4 already pal and since updating yesterday I woke up this morning to find my phone off and during the day to day I have had one restart and I only have a few tweaks installed activator, swipselection,Zeppelin and Flipcontrolcentre.
      bbrks -
      Swipeselection is only partially compatible with IOS 8.1....maybe, that is the problem.
      luvmytj -
      Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
      Um.... Just run Windows on your Mac.

Anyway, I am happily jailbroken!
      That would work IF you own a copy of Windows.
      People like me that have never owned a Windows based PC nor use them why would we spend all that money on an OS that sucks?
      Not worth the three minutes of use. I used my friends PC to jailbreak.
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      Swipeselection is only partially compatible with IOS 8.1....maybe, that is the problem.
      Nope. I have SS on my Ip5 and I have zero battery issues since the last untether update.
      rickuk -
      Quote Originally Posted by claustin View Post
      My guess is they knew this would happen. It's why the other groups always waited until after the x.1.1 release to release their jailbreaks. I'm hoping Pangu or the others have a different exploit ready to go for 8.1.1 shortly.
      I don't remember evad3rs waiting for 7.1.1 before releasing their jailbreak
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook