• Pangu Jailbreak Team: A Mac Version of the Jailbreak Tool to Be Released in a Few Days

The Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8 has only been available for Windows users since the initial release of the jailbreak. Mac users have been forced to either run Bootcamp, or some kind of virtual machine software to run Windows independently and jailbreak their devices that way. Fortunately, this won't be the case forever.

Pangu promised that they would begin work on a Mac OS X version of the Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8 after the major bugs have been fixed, and now that they're mostly fixed, the Pangu jailbreak team has taken to Twitter to announce that a Mac OS X version of the Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8 would possibly be released in a "couple of days:"

The announcement of a Mac OS X version of the Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8 came Thursday morning following the announcement of an updated Windows version of the jailbreak tool (version 1.2.1), which bundles in the fixed Cydia Installer version 1.1.16 to solve problems for users that have restored their devices using and earlier backup.

When the Mac OS X version of the tool is released, Mac OS X users will no longer have to use means of virtual machines or Bootcamp to jailbreak their iOS 8.0-8.1 devices. If you were waiting on the Mac OS X version of the tool, we highly recommend updating to iOS 8.1 today, as iOS 8.1.1 is right around the corner and patches the iOS 8 jailbreak for good.

We will continue to keep you posted, so stay tuned!

Sources: Pangu Team
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pangu Jailbreak Team: A Mac Version of the Jailbreak Tool to Be Released in a Few Days started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      Sage I -
      Sweeeeeeeet! Great news to wake up to... Was hoping they'd have a Mac version ready before 8.1.1. Maybe they'll even have an exploit or two up their sleeve and we'll still be able to upgrade to 8.1.1 and be jailbroken, time will tell... Go Team Pangu!
      The 8th Immortal -
      Time to update my ipad mini. been on 7.0.6 for eons.
      iphone 6 is gonna be sweet jailbroken
      Gotta love mac version of everything
      buttamix -
      This is awesome!!!!
      zazouboy -
      Hello,
      Could someone please tell me if he has been successful in saving debs from iPhone to PC with the new Cydia version 1.1.16?
      I am still on iOS 7.1.2 and tried Cydia 1.1.16 but had to revert to 1.1.12 in order to be able to save my fav tweaks debs (paid ones).
      With the latest Cydia, I could not see the newly installed tweak debs (before respring)...
      Many thanks for any tip you can have...
      Sniper488 -
      Tried to use pangu with parallels on my Mac laptop and it gets so far and then error. I gave up...
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
      Tried to use pangu with parallels on my Mac laptop and it gets so far and then error. I gave up...
      Do you have iTunes installed in windows?
      Sniper488 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Do you have iTunes installed in windows?
      Yes
      Gcruz -
      Should I wait for the Mac version or go ahead and do it on Windows?
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
      What about VMware fusion? Or just use bootcamp. I have a dual boot Mavericks and windows 7, although I rarely use windows now
      El Mucho DingDong -
      Quote Originally Posted by zazouboy View Post
      Hello,
      Could someone please tell me if he has been successful in saving debs from iPhone to PC with the new Cydia version 1.1.16?
      I am still on iOS 7.1.2 and tried Cydia 1.1.16 but had to revert to 1.1.12 in order to be able to save my fav tweaks debs (paid ones).
      With the latest Cydia, I could not see the newly installed tweak debs (before respring)...
      Many thanks for any tip you can have...
      I jailbroke my phone using a windows computer and all my purchases from cydia are still on my account, cant download them yet because cydia needs to be updated but yea there still there
      zazouboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by El Mucho DingDong View Post
      I jailbroke my phone using a windows computer and all my purchases from cydia are still on my account, cant download them yet because cydia needs to be updated but yea there still there
      Hi, in the case you need it, I found my answer:
      Since upgrading to latest cydia, it looks like the location of the archive directory has moved.
      Was: /private/var/cache/apt/archives Now: /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.saurik.Cydia/archives"
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook