• Swype Keyboard for iOS 8 Has Gone Free in the App Store! Grab it Now While You Can!

Swype, the popular swipe gesture-based keyboard by Nuance, is currently showing as FREE in the iOS App Store. On a normal day, the keyboard will usually cost you 99 out of pocket to download.

It's unknown at this point in time why the popular third-party keyboard for iOS 8 has gone free, as the App Store description doesn't appear to be implying any kind of promotion, so it's unknown how long this will last. With that being said, you might want to grab it while you can!

Swype was just updated recently to add support for quick Emoji input, additional languages, and some other goodies, but it wasn't made free at the time of the update.

You can download Swype for free at this App Store link.

After downloading Swype for iOS 8, you can follow this guide to enable it on your iOS 8 device(s).

Thanks Jerrod!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Swype Keyboard for iOS 8 Has Gone Free in the App Store! Grab it Now While You Can! started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      buggsy2 -
      Given the many limitations Apple puts on 3rd party keyboards I'm not sure free is even worth it.
      novadam -
      trying it for the first time. Works really well.
      edwilk55 -
      Works well, but I'm pissed that I just bought it yesterday....GRRRRRR.
      SpiderManAPV -
      The only thing I wish about these keyboards is that they would let you choose your quick symbols or whatever they call them. For example, I never use # but often use *. Yet, Swype has the need to assign # as a press and hold key without the option to change that.
      reznor9 -
      Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
      Me too. Lol
      And i still like swiftkey better.
      holyshnikes -
      Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
      I did the same thing!!! I saw that they updated it and was curious. So I lost a buck. Meh. Lol
      bmwraw8482 -
      Really? I bought it yesterday too
      Jaredtodd69 -
      Why does SwiftKey need full access but swipe doesn't... Is anybody worried about the full access on keyboards
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jaredtodd69 View Post
      Why does SwiftKey need full access but swipe doesn't... Is anybody worried about the full access on keyboards
      Swype asked me for full access.
      stolenpentium -
      Takes some time to get use to, but decent.
      weazle23 -
      i like ikeywi. having the 4th row.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook