• Saurik: The iOS 8 Jailbreak is Now Stable Enough, Vendors Can Mark Tweaks Compatible

Starting on Thursday, developers of jailbreak tweaks will now be able to mark their creations as compatible with the new iOS 8 jailbreak. Cydia creator Jay Freeman (Saurik) announced on Twitter this afternoon that he has opened the ability for Cydia vendors (iOS developers) to mark their tweaks as iOS 8-compatible, and therefore, you can now purchase them.

Saurik notes that the jailbreak on iOS 8 is now "stable enough" for this decision to be "reasonable." Since the initial release of the Pangu jailbreak, there have been plenty of bugs with the iOS 8 jailbreak that needed to be fixed, and although the major bugs have already been fixed, it wasn't until recently that major jailbreak developers have been working to get their jailbreak tweaks ready for iOS 8 since there was no warning that an iOS 8 jailbreak was about to drop.

With the jailbreak in its current state, Saurik thinks that it's stable enough to go ahead and upgrade to iOS 8 and go ahead with your jailbreak:

It's a good idea to go ahead with the update as soon as possible, because pretty soon Apple will be releasing iOS 8.1.1, and it will be closing the Pangu jailbreak's exploits. A Mac OS X version of the Pangu jailbreak tool is expected to be released in a few days, although it's available for Windows right now. You can read our guide on how to jailbreak your iOS 8 device with Pangu for Windows at this link.

Sources: Saurik
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik: The iOS 8 Jailbreak is Now Stable Enough, Vendors Can Mark Tweaks Compatible started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 49 Comments
      bisayakid07 -
      Still can't purchase Bioprotect ;(
      PoEtikly -
      Just picked up my 128 gb 6+ from the Apple Store. Heading home to JB!
      King_O_Hill -
      Even though Saurik has given his blessing, it's up to each package owner to certify that their tweak is iOS 8 ready.
      Supa_xL -
      Now he's gotta update winterboard soon. Waiting for that
      exNavy -
      iBlacklist hello?
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      iBlacklist hello?
      Doesn't iOS 8 already have a Blacklist feature?
      King_O_Hill -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      Doesn't iOS 8 already have a Blacklist feature?
      Shhh....
      rkswat -
      Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
      iBlacklist hello?
      Why iBlacklist? Simply use DND with disturbplease and you have the same deal.

I have bought iBlacklist before but stopped trying to transfer it to my new device because of the above combo.

Need 5 icon dock, 5 icon row for springboard updated for the 6+..... You can add them but the spacing is all wrong.
      Titan3636 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post

I have bought iBlacklist before but stopped trying to transfer it to my new device because of the above combo.

Need 5 icon dock, 5 icon row for springboard updated for the 6+..... You can add them but the spacing is all wrong.
      BetterFiveIconDock works like a champ my on 6+
      littlelisa63 -
      Can't wait for springtomize to get rid of these ugly big icons and of course cocco's theme era pink
      TeflonDon -
      But DisturbPlease is not yet compatible. So same boat as iBlacklist

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post

But DisturbPlease is not yet compatible. So same boat as iBlacklist
      t1me2die -
      Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
      Can't wait for springtomize to get rid of these ugly big icons and of course cocco's theme era pink
      Take a look at "Icon Resizer" in the repo: evilgoldfish
      This tweak lets you resize your icons how u want (:
      Gcruz -
      Should I wait for the Mac version jailbreak? Or is it the same doing it on Windows?
      twahl3583 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gcruz View Post
      Should I wait for the Mac version jailbreak? Or is it the same doing it on Windows?
      It's the same program/version, just use a virtual machine on a Mac to jailbreak my friend.
      vitaminme -
      Bug.

After jailberak i m unable to activate iMessage.
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
      Where where where? I loved FID but can't seem to find it on cydia! Free or paid?
      sheltons.iphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by vitaminme View Post
      Bug.

After jailberak i m unable to activate iMessage.
      You're the first I've heard about that.
      sand_man -
      Quote Originally Posted by Titan3636 View Post
      +1, simple tweak but effective in maintaining that all important symmetry! Ive's would be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
      +1, blue chip app that. There a couple of must have jailbreak apps, ifile, springtomize, openssh to name 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Supa_xL View Post
      Now he's gotta update winterboard soon. Waiting for that
      +1, what I'm really hoping for is a remedy to the Classicdock info.plist bug where properties specified in the plist are not consistently applied.
      Titan3636 -
      Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
      Where where where? I loved FID but can't seem to find it on cydia! Free or paid?
      FREE. It won't let me post the repo here but just google " betterfiveicondock repo" and you'll find it:

BetterFiveIconDock lets you add 5 icons to iPhone 6 or 6 Plus dock - iOS Hacker | iOS Hacker
      IChi1d -
      This is great news just get your phones jailbroken and just wait for all the goodies. By the way iblacklist is by far the best all in one call blocker. I have tried many of them and none comes close to locking out unwanted calls.

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
      +1, simple tweak but effective in maintaining that all important symmetry! Ive's would be proud!

+1, blue chip app that. There a couple of must have jailbreak apps, ifile, springtomize, openssh to name 3...

+1, what I'm really hoping for is a remedy to the Classicdock info.plist bug where properties specified in the plist are not consistently applied.
      Springtomize rocks that's for sure. If only apple can come this close for those nasty icons management.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook