• Apple Tops Forbes' 'World's Most Valuable Companies' List



    The world’s most valuable companies list was released by Forbes recently, and take a wild guess at who’s number one on the list? If you guessed Apple, then you are absolutely correct. Apple currently tops the charts, being valued at $124.2 billion. Other companies on the list include Microsoft coming in at second place and Google coming in at third. However, Apple’s worth comes in at almost twice that of Microsoft and Google. It was noted by Forbes that the Cupertino-based company sold 39.3 million iPhones in the latest quarter and may potentially sell up to 60 million in the last three months of 2014, due to the holiday season.

    Forbes also reported that Apple’s value increased 19% over last year’s annual study. It was not only noted that Apple’s success was due to innovative products like the iPhone, iPad, iTunes, and iPod, but it’s upcoming release of the smartwatch and recent launch of Apple Pay as well. For the fiscal year, which ended in September, Apple’s operating profit margin was up to 33% in which the company resulted in about $50 billion in cash flow. As for Microsoft and Google, the two were valued at $63 billion and $56.5 billion respectively.

    Source: Forbes
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Tops Forbes' 'World's Most Valuable Companies' List started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
      However, Apple’s worth comes in at almost twice that of Microsoft and Google.
      It isn't clear at first glance if apple is double them separately or combined. It threw me off for a sec the first time I read through it, so perhaps a quick clarification could clear it up.
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      It isn't clear at first glance if apple is double them separately or combined. It threw me off for a sec the first time I read through it, so perhaps a quick clarification could clear it up.
      You would have found your "quick clarification" VERY quick if you would have read the whole article. Although it was very clear to me he did not mean combined, I guess I can kinda, maybe (not really though) see how someone might get confused by such a simple statement...If they didn't read the entire, SHORT article that is. At the end of the article he states the separate values of each company..."As for Microsoft and Google, the two were valued at $63 billion and $56.5 billion respectively." But then again, after reading this sentence...perhaps you will think respectively means combined...
    1. SpiderManAPV's Avatar
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
      You would have found your "quick clarification" VERY quick if you would have read the whole article. Although it was very clear to me he did not mean combined, I guess I can kinda, maybe (not really though) see how someone might get confused by such a simple statement...If they didn't read the entire, SHORT article. At the end of the article he states the separate values of each company...But then again, after reading the last sentence...perhaps you might think respectively means combined...
      I read the article and even knew some of the numbers before reading it. It just threw me off as I read the first paragraph because the thought that ran through my head was "wait... That's not right. Oh, nevermind, just not a completely clear sentence."

      I just know how many people do extremely little reading and thought clearing things up is never a bad thing.
    1. politicalslug's Avatar
      politicalslug -
      Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
      You would have found your "quick clarification" VERY quick if you would have read the whole article. Although it was very clear to me he did not mean combined, I guess I can kinda, maybe (not really though) see how someone might get confused by such a simple statement...If they didn't read the entire, SHORT article that is. At the end of the article he states the separate values of each company..."As for Microsoft and Google, the two were valued at $63 billion and $56.5 billion respectively." But then again, after reading this sentence...perhaps you will think respectively means combined...
      I guess I don't need to tell you that you come off as an a.hole. Right? You already recognized that on your own? Being a jerk doesn't convince those around you of your brilliance. Next time just answer the question in a friendly and concise manner, or don't bother replying at all.
    1. iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
      iLoveWindows&iPhone -
      Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
      I guess I don't need to tell you that you come off as an a.hole. Right? You already recognized that on your own? Being a jerk doesn't convince those around you of your brilliance. Next time just answer the question in a friendly and concise manner, or don't bother replying at all.
      Well if we are going to be commanding others when or when not to reply, what they are allowed to say and in what manner, I will do the same to you. Next time you want to tell me what to do and say and how to say it... don't bother replying at all.

      Perhaps I came off a little rude, nothing to vicious I don't think. And this is the internet, if you don't have thick enough skin to be able to cope with a sarcasticly rude comment about a post you made on a online forum (or one made about someone else's post in this case), then quite frankly, you probably shouldn't be making comments on a online forum. But in all fairness, he is probably now much more likely to take the time to read a article in detail before posting a reply, saving him from MUCH MUCH WORSE "a.holes" out there on the internet! So...Your welcome!
  • Connect With Us

  • Twitter Box

  • Facebook