• Saurik Releases an iOS 8-compatible WinterBoard in Cydia

On Wednesday, WinterBoard, the popular theming platform for jailbroken iOS devices, has officially been updated to support the iOS 8 jailbreak. As of version 0.9.3916, iOS 8 users can now install and use WinterBoard for their theming desires. Saurik took to Twitter this morning to announce the exciting news:

In addition to support for iOS 8, version 0.9.3916 of WinterBoard also adds support for theming the contents of Assets.car files in the iOS 8 device. Also, the update brings some additional features to iOS 7 users as well.

Many theme creators have been preparing themes for iOS 8, and it won't be long now until they are released to the public in Cydia.

Saurik credits @Surenix, @coolstar, @Matchstic, and @JunesiPhone for their help in making this WinterBoard update possible.

If you want to grab WinterBoard for iOS 8, it's available for free right now in Cydia!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Saurik Releases an iOS 8-compatible WinterBoard in Cydia started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 51 Comments
      bigboyz -
      Awesome! Now just need Auxo to work and my JB will be complete.
      Supa_xL -
      My jailbreak is now complete! Looking forward to seeing what new tweaks will be released in the future
      SinfullyInked -
      Can any one post themes that work as of right now ?
      KBI2113 -
      Just updated and now my winterboard is gone.... Even went to cydia and reinstalled. Still can't find it.
      nealh -
      There is no longer a separate winter board app you have to go through the settings application
      psxcancer -
      I'm running a iPhones 6 plus. I have
      Cuirculus and Aelon iOS 8

I'm also using Eclipse 2 (iOS 8). They all seem to be playing nice together
      cyberjunkyfreak -
      works-ish
      SpottedBilagaana -
      Woohoo!
      chevymusclecar -
      #paradigmshift
      LeslieBee -
      Yay!
      iYeow -
      Great job, I am waiting for infinidock.
      Clem-Clone -
      Finally! Thanks!
      menard_00 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
      Great job, I am waiting for infinidock.
      Infinidock works on iOS 8
      iYeow -
      Quote Originally Posted by menard_00 View Post
      Infinidock works on iOS 8
      Weird, it says not compatible but still works. Thanks

Anyone knows whether status notifier works, I want to see my RAM usage
      rimshak -
      I love what Winterboard can do, but I always seemed to have issues out of it. I'll give it another go I suppose when more themes get pushed out.

I'm still waiting on ProWidgets! Love that dang tweak. Also, could use some Action Menu Plus.
      Evaded -
      Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
      Just updated and now my winterboard is gone.... Even went to cydia and reinstalled. Still can't find it.
      Look under settings.app, the icon is hidden on mine as well.
      Koreandude82 -
      I just updated winterboard and my clear icons on the homescreen don't work anymore. Is there also a way to add a custom lock sound for ios 8? I know on ios 7 it worked.
      96gator -
      Quote Originally Posted by Koreandude82 View Post
      I just updated winterboard and my clear icons on the homescreen don't work anymore. Is there also a way to add a custom lock sound for ios 8? I know on ios 7 it worked.
      To change the lock sound, simply SSH into your phone, then follow this path:
      System - library - audio - uisounds- LOCK.CAF

Change the lock.caf file. You can use your own .aif, just change the extension to .caf.
      Hope that helps.
      buttamix -
      I used to love to theme my phone when themes could make all apps look part of the theme not only the stock apps
      kickerman65 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Evaded View Post
      Look under settings.app, the icon is hidden on mine as well.
      Read the update notes. @Saurik stated that there will no longer be a springboard icon and to make changes in settings.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook