• TaiG Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.1.1 Updated to Version 1.0.2

The TaiG jailbreak tool for iOS 8.1.1 was just released this weekend, and it wasn't long before the TaiG jailbreak team released an update for the jailbreak tool (version 1.0.1) to help improve the tool's reliability.

Yet another update for the tool has been posted on TaiG's Web site (version 1.0.2). The updated tool now allows you to remove the 3K assistant from your iOS device via Cydia if you accidentally left it checked during the jailbreak process.

We have successfully jailbroken an iPhone 5 with the latest version of the tool and can confirm that we still have a stable untethered jailbreak on iOS 8.1.1. Version 1.1.16 of Cydia is already iOS 8-compatible as of the release of Pangu8, so mostly all of your favorite Cydia jailbreak tweaks are already supported on iOS 8.1.1 apart from a select few that need some updating.

If you haven't already jailbroken with TaiG for iOS 8.1.1, we have posted a guide at this link that will take you through the steps to jailbreak your iOS 8.1.1 device. Those of you that have already jailbroken with TaiG and didn't have any problems shouldn't need to restore and re-jailbreak your devices.

TaiG 1.0.2 can be downloaded from this link. Note that it's Windows-only and still in Chinese.

Sources: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.1.1 Updated to Version 1.0.2 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 42 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      Is there any real reason for a 5s owner to update? I heard the main fixes were for the 6+, 4s? And iPad 2 along with fixing some Safari issue. I really only use Chrome, so is there any benefit?
      AVN6293 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      Is there any real reason for a 5s owner to update? I heard the main fixes were for the 6+, 4s? And iPad 2 along with fixing some Safari issue. I really only use Chrome, so is there any benefit?

Well there is also possibly the wifi issue. But i'm not sure if its been fully addressed in 8.1.1 or not
      Untethered -
      Here's the TaiG tool changelog. 太极越狱更新日志
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      what changes for the 6+? I thought it was only for older devices.
      Jkauf55 -
      im having trouble doing an icloud backup on this JB ip6.. and only thing installed is cydia
      Jj2345 -
      I'll wait til 8.2,gonna skip this one and stay on 8.1
      exNavy -
      Quote Originally Posted by novadam View Post
      what changes for the 6+? I thought it was only for older devices.
      I liked this info MacRumors Forums - View Single Post - [General] 8.1.1 Jailbreak available

"The main improvement for iOS 8.1.1 over 8.1 is the reduced size of the system partition / over the user partition /var. In other words, you get back a couple hundred megabytes of space. This is also seen in the download size of 8.1.1 over 8.1 (~1.5GB vs 1.7GB)."

First thing I noticed when running this jailbreak on my 6+ was no pop up message complaining about my storage space being almost full. Whether that was unique to the pangu jb I don't know. I only know that I now have room for more stuff than before. I only have a 16 gb so I felt the difference right away.
      chevymusclecar -
      Anyone translate the change log?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
      Anyone translate the change log?
      Google Translate says something about removing "3k" from Cydia.

I have no idea what to make of that.
      SpiderManAPV -
      I'm unable to access the Taig website. Getting a "website unavailable" error from Chrome.
      vitaminme -
      Taiji jailbreak update log

V1.0.2 (2014-11-30)
      You can delete 3K assistant via Cydia
      V1.0.1 (2014-11-29)
      Further accelerate the escape velocity
      Improve the stability of the jailbreak tool

Someone may have "unintentionally" installed the bundled app 3K-Assistant (3K助手) during jailbreaking with TaiG tool.
      (Reminder: uncheck the 2nd checkbox on TaiG during jailbreaking to avoid installing 3K-Assistant.)
      If you cannot remove it because it cannot be uninstalled within Cydia by default, here is the workaround:
      add the repo: apt.3kzhushou.com
      install/reinstall 3K-Assistant (3K助手) from above repo.
      then you should be able to uninstall it.
      delete the repo.

[TUTORIAL] How to remove 3K-Assistant app after jailbreaking with TaiG : jailbreak
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by vitaminme View Post
      Taiji jailbreak update log

V1.0.2 (2014-11-30)
      You can delete 3K assistant via Cydia
      V1.0.1 (2014-11-29)
      Further accelerate the escape velocity
      Improve the stability of the jailbreak tool

Someone may have "unintentionally" installed the bundled app 3K-Assistant (3K助手) during jailbreaking with TaiG tool.
      (Reminder: uncheck the 2nd checkbox on TaiG during jailbreaking to avoid installing 3K-Assistant.)
      If you cannot remove it because it cannot be uninstalled within Cydia by default, here is the workaround:
      add the repo: apt.3kzhushou.com
      install/reinstall 3K-Assistant (3K助手) from above repo.
      then you should be able to uninstall it.
      delete the repo.

[TUTORIAL] How to remove 3K-Assistant app after jailbreaking with TaiG : jailbreak
      Ah, so it's that other thing that we leave un-checked during the jailbreak process. Gotchya.

So the update lets you remove it now if you accidentally installed it.
      vitaminme -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Ah, so it's that other thing that we leave un-checked during the jailbreak process. Gotchya.

So the update lets you remove it now if you accidentally installed it.

yes i think so. i unchecked the 2nd option while JBreaking. there is no 3K-Assistant in my cydia. so i think update is not for us.
      CraZyJaVieR -
      iP6+ user here with 64GB and I don't think I'll update. the main issue they solved was the store problem but I still have like 30gb left or more. Plus my main struggle is downloading all these tweaks again because I'm already in love with the way my iPhone 6+ works, looks and feels.
      Atom2215 -
      Has the boot loop been addressed? Still have no passcode or thumbprint on my6+ cause it has and will go in to a bootloop.
      SinfullyInked -
      Those who have the 6+ can you PM the tweaks you have ?

I'm staying on 8.1

Only having one issues with one app that won't open
      novadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by SinfullyInked View Post
      Those who have the 6+ can you PM the tweaks you have ?

I'm staying on 8.1

Only having one issues with one app that won't open
      Activator
      AdBlocker 2
      Aeternum
      Barrel
      BlurryBadges
      Bridge
      Bytafont 2
      CallBar
      Cobalia
      f.lux
      FlipControlCenter
      FolderEnhancer
      ForceGoodFit
      Forecast
      HueHueHue
      iCleaner
      iFile
      Instahancer
      iTunes Radio Scrubber
      iTunes Radio Unlimited
      MorePredict
      ProTube
      Pyx
      RecentFacebook
      Slide2Kill8 Lite
      Springtomize 3
      StatusHUD 2
      SwipeSelection
      TypeStatus
      UpNext
      User Agent Changer
      Winterboard
      0xygen iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by Atom2215 View Post
      Has the boot loop been addressed? Still have no passcode or thumbprint on my6+ cause it has and will go in to a bootloop.
      I'm on 8.1 with a 6+. I have no boot loop problem and I use fingerprint/passcode.
      SinfullyInked -
      Thanks!!

When I restart my 6 plus it always starts in safe mode but only does this when restarting and not respringing.
      Have both passcode and Touch ID enabled.
      novadam -
      I'm able to reboot without safe mode issues.
      SinfullyInked -
      I must have a tweak that's making it do that plus only one app won't work and I use it a lot . If I go into safe mode it will work . Oh and statushud2 when I use it in pandora/ YouTube etc will crash that app
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook