• TaiG Updates Jailbreak Tool to Version 1.1.0 With More Improvements

The TaiG jailbreak team has released an updated version of its iOS 8.1.1 jailbreak tool for Windows on the TaiG Web site. Version 1.1.0 of the tool is now available [direct link] to download with some improvements to the tool that we'll tell you about shortly.

First, it's worth noting that you can either download the new jailbreak tool to jailbreak your iOS 8.1.1 device that hasn't been jailbroken yet, or if you are already jailbroken, you can install the updated to the untether package right from Cydia without needing to re-jailbreak to obtain the new bug fixes and improvements.

To get the updated untether package, you will need to add a new repository to Cydia. Our guide on how to add a source to your jailbroken device in Cydia can be found here. The repository you need to add is:

PHP Code:
    http://apt.taig.com 
    You will then install the following package:

So what's new in this updated jailbreak tool and untether package? We're glad you asked!

The jailbreak tool will now automatically add the aforementioned source toy our device when you jailbreak it so that you can stay updated on the latest untether package. Additionally, the update fixes some sandbox issues that could cause generation of redundant information. To view TaiG's change log on their Web site, you can head over to this link.

You can view our guide on how to jailbreak with TaiG at this link.

Sources: TaiG
    This article was originally published in forum thread: TaiG Updates Jailbreak Tool to Version 1.1.0 With More Improvements started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 41 Comments
      luvmytj -
      I am a little confused. Is this just for 8.1.1 users who are jailbroken with Tiag? Or can Pangu jailbreakers use this also?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
      I am a little confused. Is this just for 8.1.1 users who are jailbroken with Tiag? Or can Pangu jailbreakers use this also?
      This is for TaiG people.
      alex-xx -
      i have installed the source,but I cannot upgrade the jailbreake.
      (som error vith red colors pops up)
      do I missed something?
      404 Not Found
      alex-xx -
      o ****!!!!
      im on 8.1
      bit confused 😄
      bbrks -
      I don't understand the confusion......Pangu is for 8.1 and TaiG for 8.1.1
      alex-xx -
      I thought I was jail broken with taig.
      romeo_herman -
      Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
      I don't understand the confusion......Pangu is for 8.1 and TaiG for 8.1.1
      For New firmware 8.1.1....
      alex-xx -
      Man I just forgotten.!!!
      I did jailbreake 4 phones,
      and I forgot what kind of jailbreak I have on my phone .. doh!
      Anon9mouz -
      Ok so if I update to stock 8.1.1 coming from 8.1 jb I can use this new tool to jb or what?? I'm trying to update and still be jb or I'll just wait for pangu to update theirs or what.
      bbrks -
      Post #6...have a look
      alex-xx -
      if you are on 8.1.1 you have to use the new one.
      (forget pangu)!!
      Anon9mouz -
      Quote Originally Posted by alex-xx View Post
      if you are on 8.1.1 you have to use the new one.
      (forget pangu)!!
      Hmm...
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      They should've just added this package in the initial version. That way it would've been less work to upgrade and the update would be more widespread.
      exNavy -
      Grateful for the Cydia package. Was getting tired of re restoring and jb'ing my phone with each new version.
      The Highlander -
      They are learning... they will probably add it next time.
      LeslieBee -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      This is for TaiG people.
      It might be nice if that detail were in the article.
      Rondon360 -
      What about the boxes? Do you uncheck one or keep both
      bbrks -
      Uncheck the second one...
      christophmsc -
      Even though I was already jail broken, I still like to do a fresh restore every time there is an update to the tool. For some reason it's better to reinstall everything bundled together. There is better overall performance.
      NewD -
      Quote Originally Posted by christophmsc View Post
      Even though I was already jail broken, I still like to do a fresh restore every time there is an update to the tool. For some reason it's better to reinstall everything bundled together. There is better overall performance.
      Ive never read or experienced any proof of this. I believe it's just urban myth..
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook