• Apple to Open 7th Store in New York City Located in Brooklyn

It has been reported that Apple will be opening its seventh Retail Store in New York City by April of 2015. This time, the Cupertino-based company has signed a lease for a 20,000 square foot store at 246 Bedford Ave. in Brooklyn. According to New York Post, the store will be in the popular Williamsburg neighborhood. Currently, New York has five Apple stores in Manhattan and one in Staten Island. It was said that Apple had been wanting to open a store in Brooklyn for a long time coming, but was not yet able to do so. Previously, the company was looking to have a store also in Williamsburg but at The Edge instead, which didnít work out.

No one knows exactly how much Apple is paying for the new store, but it was noted that the building owner wants $200 per square foot. The building was bought out for $66 million two years ago in 2012. If the store is going to be 20,000 square foot and the owner wants $200 per, it comes out to be $4 million. Do you think it is worth the investment? Either way, Apple is definitely expanding a lot in the next few years as we recently reported the giant tech company would be opening 500 new stores in India alone. Lets hope Apple will keep releasing new products that will break records to cover all the expenses being used to open new stores within the U.S. and internationally.

Source: New York Post
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple to Open 7th Store in New York City Located in Brooklyn started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      SpiderManAPV -
      I wish they'd add more in places where it takes hours to get to any... The nearest apple store to be is like 3-4 hours.
      XweAponX -
      The locations in San Diego suck, they are in malls that take over an hour to find parking at.
      Bo Troxell -
      I guess I'm fortunate as the Apple Store in Scottsdale AZ. is less then 5 minutes from my business. (Fortunate for Apple too I guess 'cause they have a bunch of my money.)
      Apple isn't like Best Buy, there just isn't gonna be one in every Mall in every city. Still nice to see them expand into more markets.
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
      I guess I'm fortunate as the Apple Store in Scottsdale AZ. is less then 5 minutes from my business. (Fortunate for Apple too I guess 'cause they have a bunch of my money.)
      Apple isn't like Best Buy, there just isn't gonna be one in every Mall in every city. Still nice to see them expand into more markets.
      But I want one in MY city *pouts*.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook