• Apple's Discontinued iPod Classic Going for a Hefty Price on Amazon and eBay

A couple of months ago back in September, we reported that Apple had finally removed the iPod Classic from its Online Store. It was the only model left with a high-capacity spinning drive and it didn’t make the cut for Apple’s new Online Store lineup. However, it is worthy of noting that secondary markets like Amazon and eBay are selling the devices for a hefty price and some consumers are willing to pay for it even with the expensive price tag.

Currently, Amazon is offering the 160-Gigabyte iPod Classic in black for $492.88 and the original price of it was $260. That is nearly double the price, although the silver is only going for $288.79. On eBay, there are listings of new devices going for as much as $659 and $999. We’re not too sure if anyone would really pay those kinds of prices for the iPod Classic, but it is listed if anyone is interested. The Guardian was the first to notice the expensive pricing on Amazon.

Apple has produced many different mp3 players, but the 160GB iPod Classic is still the highest-capacity device ever made by the company. Currently, the largest capacity device carried by the Cupertino-based company is only 128GB- and that goes for the iPods, iPhones, and iPads. When the iPod Classic was first removed, Apple did not make an announcement on it and just removed it quietly. But Tim Cook later addressed the removal and said that they were no longer able to get parts to make the iPod Classic and the amount of people wanting it was decreasing.

How much would you be willing to pay for an iPod Classic in black? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: Amazon, eBay, The Guardian
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Discontinued iPod Classic Going for a Hefty Price on Amazon and eBay started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      folgrz -
      Good thing I have 2 of them

I wouldn't mind having a 128gb ipod touch though... Still waiting on apple to release it.
      bigboyz -
      Not sure why obsolete items sell for so much after the fact. I mean, just buy it while its valid and don't use it hahaha!
      Noodles46 -
      I give props to anyone who actually got close to filling one of these things up!
      CF4714 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
      Not sure why obsolete items sell for so much after the fact. I mean, just buy it while its valid and don't use it hahaha!
      Because it's still used, I have one myself, it's my hard drive for music for my car, just plug it in the USB and my library is there, mines still going strong for over 5 years now.
      Truffol -
      Should have put a case on mine...leaving money on the table ugh.
      Murphdog -
      I have a 120GB classic that I have been using in my car for years. Knowing that Apple was discontinuing the 160GB, and had removed it from their store shelves, I went over to Fry's an bought one there because the 120GB was starting to get full. Now I wish I purchased a couple more. Still unopened now maybe I should consider selling it lol.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook