• iOS 8.1.3 Web Traffic is Reportedly Growing, Signaling a Near Future iOS Update

While Apple just released iOS 8.1.2 about a week ago, signs are signaling that another non-major iOS update is coming to the public very soon, and will be dubbed iOS 8.1.3.

Web traffic information from MacRumors, illustrated in the graph above, shows that iOS 8.1.3 Web traffic has been ramping up over the course of the last week. This signals that iOS 8.1.3 is being internally tested, most likely to fix bugs in the current version of the operating system for Apple's mobile devices.

It's also unknown if iOS 8.1.3 will patch the TaiG jailbreak for iOS 8. It is possible that Apple could surprise us with a sudden firmware update that completely secures the device from the current TaiG jailbreak, but we're crossing our fingers and hoping that iOS 8.1.3 will be a simple update that TaiG can just modify their jailbreak tool to jailbreak like they had done with the iOS 8.1.2 release.

Apple is also in the middle of testing iOS 8.2, as it's currently in beta for developers to test out and get their applications ready for Apple Watch. iOS 8.2 is expected in the beginning of next year, and therefore we can assume that iOS 8.1.3 will either be released before this year ends, or at the very, very beginning of next year before iOS 8.2 is released.

Sources: MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iOS 8.1.3 Web Traffic is Reportedly Growing, Signaling a Near Future iOS Update started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 13 Comments
      WHUDS -
      I don't get it 8.2 has been in the works all this time? why 8.1.3, honestly I hate all these updates to death
      Perceptum -
      People complained that Apple was not updating enough. People are now complaining that Apple is updating to often. Make up your minds already!
      exNavy -
      exNavy -
      Would these bozos go on vacation already so we can get a break from all these freakin' updates? See you in February guys.
      Truffol -
      Very excited about 8.2...I look forward to how the health kit + the new Apple watch will improve my iPhone experience..
      sknet -
      still on 8.1 and no intentions to update......
      sknet -
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sknet View Post
      Me too. Such a small update why bother and risk your JB?
      sheltons.iphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
      Me too. Such a small update why bother and risk your JB?
      Risk your jailbreak? You do know that 8.1.2 can be jailbroken, right?
      WHUDS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
      People complained that Apple was not updating enough. People are now complaining that Apple is updating to often. Make up your minds already!
      I have never been one of them, Seriously some of the updates in the past were to only close JB and yet others made the phone worse, the rush to update is STUPID

One superior feature of Android is the ability to uninstall and reinstall past OS if the new one is crap for you
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post
      I have never been one of them, Seriously some of the updates in the past were to only close JB and yet others made the phone worse, the rush to update is STUPID

One superior feature of Android is the ability to uninstall and reinstall past OS if the new one is crap for you
      That is one of the few features I've missed from my Android days. I see where Apple is coming from on this, but it'd still be nice.
      mmaboi21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by WHUDS View Post

Rush? I don't see anyone rushing.
      rhythmco2 -
      Pangu has publicly announced they have a jailbreak waiting on 8.2. I'm holding on 8.1 until then.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook