• Hyundai Set to Showcase its New CarPlay-Enabled Display Audio System at CES 2015

Hyundai recently confirmed that it will be showcasing its new CarPlay-enabled Display Audio system next month at CES 2015. For those of you who didn’t know, Display Audio is a dash-installed color touchscreen display that has support for all of the latest hands-free technology. The Display Audio skips built-in navigation and CD player features and instead chooses to support Apple’s CarPlay and Android Auto to help provide similar functionality for users such as making phone calls, listening to music, sending messages and getting directions. The system also integrates with the voice command button on the steering wheel allowing drivers to easily launch Siri Eyes Free commands.

Senior Group Manager of Hyundai Motor America, Cason Grover, had the following to say regarding the matter:

Hyundai will offer more technology than ever before inside affordable Hyundai models, allowing owners not only to text message through voice commands and stream their favorite music apps, but also to make calls in a safer way, and navigate using phone-based, off-board navigation through the car’s screen and controls. As affordable car buyers are often younger, Hyundai aims to provide what they want most in their car – all the latest smartphone-enabled technologies at a lower price.
    The car manufacturer’s plan to roll out the Display Audio system with CarPlay Support is set to be offered in select 2016 Hyundai models which will make their debut later in 2015. The system will become the default head unit across the company’s car lineup shortly after.

For those of you who didn’t know, Hyundai was among five brands of car manufacturers that Apple featured during its CarPlay announcement earlier this year.

Are any of you excited to utilize CarPlay in the near future?

Source: Hyundai (News) via MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Hyundai Set to Showcase its New CarPlay-Enabled Display Audio System at CES 2015 started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      HovikGas -
      Hell yes. My Honda Civic lease is up in 2016, so if HondaLink doesn't keep up, I just might make the switch!
      StuG III -
      This looks like a symbian phone circa 2007... :/
      I can guarantee that your Honda is worth more at the end of your lease than a Hyundai. :P
      StaceyMJ86 -
      I have a 2014 Hyundai Elantra Limited so I won't get to experience CarPlay unless I buy an after market radio with it. 😵
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook