• Developer of VLC Media Player Reveals iOS App Should Return in Early 2015

The VLC media player application that was officially released for iOS in 2013 was pulled from the iOS App Store at around the time of the release of iOS 8 to the public with no public announcement of any sort.

Many users of the application have been requesting answers for when the application will make its way back to the iOS App Store and one of the developers behind the popular third-party media player for iOS, Felix Paul Kühne, has stepped up with a response of "hopefully quite soon" via his Twitter account:

Kühne also made a comment on a forum directly related to VLC media player where a user wanted answers about when the application would return. The developer commented with, "it will be again, but probably early next year due to the iTunes Connect holiday shutdown."

The application has just recently made it into the beta stages for the very limited amount of testers and should make its way back to the iOS App Store in early 2015 after the holidays.

Are you excited to see the application's arrival in the iOS App Store again?

Sources: Felix Paul Kühne via MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Developer of VLC Media Player Reveals iOS App Should Return in Early 2015 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      rodnutz -
      Anyone know why this app constantly appears, disappears, appears in the app store??? I ride the subway a lot since I live in NYC so watching movies to kill time on the iron horse is a big plus. When I upgraded to i6 I was so disappointed that this wasn't available in the app store.

Thank god for the jailbreak which allowed me to install the old version that I'm currently using.
      SpiderManAPV -
      What's the benefits of the VLC app? I use the desktop version, but what are the benefits of this version?

Edit: Autocorrect
      eprisencc -
      Thank god for jailbreak and the app cake store which allowed me to download the old version of this software.
      kmvguy83 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      What's the benefits of the BOX app? I use the desktop version, but what are the benefits of this version?
      Amazing app if you use PLEX.
      Other than that, it's just one of those nice stable video player app.
      jigar7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      What's the benefits of the VLC app? I use the desktop version, but what are the benefits of this version?
      It can play nearly play all video formats (like on a desktop). And if you are Jailbroken, you can use 3rd party apps like iFunbox to copy/paste videos directly to your device rather than going through the painful iTunes process... which btw requires the videos to be in a specific format

An alternative can be 'Good Player' but it is a paid app. Nothing comes close to the awesome VLC player. Hope to see it back soon on the AppStore with new features.
      towboattrash34 -
      I've had it since I got and jailbroke my iPhone 6 a month ago. And have had it on all my other phones. Don't have a clue what's been going on
      thumper_net -
      had vlc on my iphone but did not see the point of it , you cant play videos from itunes only by importing through itunes , not a perfect app for iphone owners who dont sync with the pc , i wish that apple were more open so we the end user can choose which app to use for video , internet ect , just like we can on a macbook
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook