• Photos Web App Mysteriously Disappears From iCloud.com

Friday morning, the Photos Web application has mysteriously disappeared from the iCloud Web site as multiple sources can confirm.

The Photos Web application would normally be used to view photos that you had stored in the cloud right from a Web browser by signing into your iCloud account online, although the removal of the application has turned some heads.

Some sources are suggesting that Apple is coming close to the release of an official Photos application for Mac OS X, although it's worth noting that by removing the Web application, this limits iOS and Mac OS X users to accessing their photos from the cloud, as Windows users won't have access to this Photos application unless Apple brings back the Web application.

The Photos application for Mac OS X would allow users to not only view photos that have been uploaded to the cloud, but also allow users to manage them and even add more photos to the cloud if they wanted to. An upcoming OS X Yosemite release is expected to bring it to users.

Sources: iCloud via iMore
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Photos Web App Mysteriously Disappears From iCloud.com started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      bmwraw8482 -
      I noticed that the day before yesterday. I logged on with my Apple ID and it was gone but it was still there with my wife's ID. I was disappointed cuz I have a lot of photos to clean off of my phones and it was convenient how the iCloud photos web app organized them by date. Crossing my finger for its return.
      Jozelito617 -
      Apple decided to check you're pictures
      a2943149 -
      As my daughter has an iPad 1 and iPhone 4 she can no longer use iCloud as it is now for IOS8 only so we are SOL and cant use it anymore. Thanks apple for crippling us old device users.
      st3vedurb1n -
      Geekcorner.Co.Uk has an update on this
      bmwraw8482 -
      It's back
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook