• Viber Messaging and Calling iOS App Updated With Retina HD Display Support, and More

On Sunday, Viber released an updated iOS application in the App Store that brings with it some improvements for users of Apple's latest handsets. The latest version now available is 5.2.1.

Viber is a free application that is very popular amongst mobile device users for its cross-platform compatibility for instant messaging and making calls both video and audio for free.

Sunday's update brings with it official support for Apple's new retina HD displays on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which means that the application should now display at a more native-looking resolution without appearing to be zoomed in and pixelated to the user on these newer handsets.

In addition, Viber notes that the update brings some new instant messaging stickers that can be sent between two people while messaging, as well as come bug fixes that improve the performance and stability of the application.

Existing users of the Viber application for iOS will find this update under the Updates tab in the App Store application. Those of you with Automatic Updates enabled in Settings should notice that the application has been updated for you automatically. If you've never used Viber before, then you can download it for free from this App Store link.

Sources: App Store
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Viber Messaging and Calling iOS App Updated With Retina HD Display Support, and More started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      Scotty Manley Silberhorn -
      I feel that apps should put the restriction in place that any app submissions and app updates. If you don't have native resolution support for all devices, then it doesn't go through. It annoying that some on my updates still haven't included support for the 6+.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
      It annoying that some on my updates still haven't included support for the 6+.
      I can't agree with you enough on this one. I am terribly disappointed in Ebay and PayPal, both which are major companies, which haven't yet updated their applications for supporting the retina HD display.
      Al226 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      I can't agree with you enough on this one. I am terribly disappointed in Ebay and PayPal, both which are major companies, which haven't yet updated their applications for supporting the retina HD display.
      Agree!! And ModMyi hasn't updated either
      SpiderManAPV -
      Quote Originally Posted by Al226 View Post
      Agree!! And ModMyi hasn't updated either
      If I understand correctly, the MMi app can't update until Tapatalk does, which is kind of annoying.
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
      If I understand correctly, the MMi app can't update until Tapatalk does, which is kind of annoying.
      That is correct! We now use Tapatalk as our mobile platform backbone and it's a much better upgrade from what we were using.
      vinaygoel2000 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      Also Chase, Bank of America and LinkedIn are some of the major companies that I'd like to see the support for iPhone 6 and 6+.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook