• Unlocked, SIM-free iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Show Up on Apple's Web Site

On Tuesday, Apple's online Web site began listing an unlocked, SIM-free option for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus at non-subsidized prices, as ModMyi reported on Monday.

The unlocked, SIM-free iPhone 6 starts at $649.00 for the 16GB model in your choice of color, and goes up in $100 increments depending on the storage option you pick. The unlocked, SIM-free iPhone 6 Plus starts at $749.00 for the 16GB model in your choice of color, and goes up by $100 increments depending on the storage option you pick.

Apple's Web site is showing a 3-5-day shipping estimate for every configuration of the new unlocked and SIM-free iPhones.

To order yours, you can go to Apple's Web site and select the SIM-free, unlocked option next to the T-mobile offering, which is also unlocked, but comes with a T-mobile SIM card.

Sources: Apple
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Unlocked, SIM-free iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Show Up on Apple's Web Site started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 16 Comments
      ruslan120 -
      Finally! Apple should do this from day 0.
      bigboyz -
      I am sure if Apple could they would. They don't want to compete with provider sales at the starting gate. Glad they are finally available!
      docmagoo2 -
      They do this in the UK from day one. The 16GB iPhone 6 is 539 compared to 428 in the states. Not sure how they justify the price difference
      GrandMstrBud -
      From doing some reading these should work on any carrier in the US correct? AT&T and T-Mobile of course what about Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular? Be nice to have one phone and if I want to move to another carrier
      GrandMstrBud -
      Double post
      rickuk -
      Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
      They do this in the UK from day one. The 16GB iPhone 6 is 539 compared to 428 in the states. Not sure how they justify the price difference
      UK prices have to include VAT, Don't think US prices include sales tax, although that doesn't make up all of the difference
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
      From doing some reading these should work on any carrier in the US correct? AT&T and T-Mobile of course what about Verizon, Sprint, and US Cellular? Be nice to have one phone and if I want to move to another carrier
      From my understanding from reading somewhere else the "new" unlocked iPhones work on all 4 major carriers.
      NARKO83 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ruslan120 View Post
      Finally! Apple should do this from day 0.
      They did and still do, T-Mobile was an option with out contract at full price, or if you were already with a major carrier you could have bought at full price for It to be unlocked. I bought mine at full price at day 1 at full price, went to Australia and piped a local sim with no issues, I bought my girlfriend one for Christmas going with the full price T-Mobile off contract phone. Popped the sim and It works like a charm.
      weazle23 -
      i bought my 6+ on the verizon websight on launch day unlocked without contract. using a att straight talk sim in it. only reason i went with verizon was i couldnt get the apple tmobile or att websights to work
      bmwraw8482 -
      Agree with the above... Isn't this unlocked iPhone effectively the same as a verizon iPhone, which is already unlocked, minus the contract?
      GrandMstrBud -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      Agree with the above... Isn't this unlocked iPhone effectively the same as a verizon iPhone, which is already unlocked, minus the contract?
      Pretty much except from what I understand it ads a few LTE bands that Sprint uses and it will work on Sprint and US Cellular also
      AlinBoy -
      Hello
      I want ask you if iphone 6 to full price contract free from T-Mobile unlocked from apple store is same like unlocked iphone 6 too or is just different?
      Thanks
      GrandMstrBud -
      Quote Originally Posted by AlinBoy View Post
      Hello
      I want ask you if iphone 6 to full price contract free from T-Mobile unlocked from apple store is same like unlocked iphone 6 too or is just different?
      Thanks
      I think they are different but not by much I believe the new one will have some of the LTE bands that Sprint uses. I'll get mine tomorrow so I will see what the exact model number
      crslaeme -
      So free sim phones work with Verizon, I was looking at best buy unlock phone and there's a section saying that don't work for verizon, sprint , and some other ones is that true ?? Reply asap plz thank you
      docmagoo2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by crslaeme View Post
      So free sim phones work with Verizon, I was looking at best buy unlock phone and there's a section saying that don't work for verizon, sprint , and some other ones is that true ?? Reply asap plz thank you
      You need the CDMA version.
      crslaeme -
      Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
      You need the CDMA version.
      Yes I've talk to Apple& Verizon representatives all ready glad didn't place my order, thank you for replying though
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook