• A速weaks Teases Major Upcoming Update for Auxo 3 for iOS 8

iOS development team A速weaks, the team behind the legendary Auxo 3 multitasking App Switcher jailbreak tweak for iOS 8, has just announced that a major update (version 1.1) of Auxo 3 will be coming out shortly with a variety of new features, tweak compatibility, bug fixes, and performance enhancements. The tweak was just released for iOS 8 at the end of last year on Christmas Eve.

The Tweet from the development team, which was posted to Twitter earlier this evening, is shown below:

It wasn't incredibly descriptive, so we went right to the source the mind behind the idea of Auxo 3 himself, Sentry_NC!

We spoke to him about what kinds of new features will be coming in Auxo 3 version 1.1 for iOS 8, and he provided us with a wealth of information about the upcoming update. We were most interested in the new features that were going to be added in, so that's the first thing we asked about.

Among some of the new features that will be coming, Sentry_NC notes the following:

• Disabling the double-press of the Home Button to make single-presses of the Home Button more responsive
    • Bringing the 'Open to Last App' feature to the Quick Switcher as well as the Auxo 3 interface
    • The addition of toggle-able Recent contacts to the Today tab in Notification Center
    • Being able to lock the iOS device by using the Hot Corner gesture on the Home Screen
    • Support for Continuity, which had to be disabled in the initial version due to complexity
    • Better performance in the Quick Switcher
    • Improved compatibility with Gridswitcher, Polus, and other small tweaks that were causing issues

The update will be a free update for those that already own Auxo 3. If you don't own Auxo 3 at all yet, then it's a $2.99 download from Cydia's BigBoss repository. Upgrade pricing is also available if you own Auxo 2. The update should be live in Cydia by next week at the latest, so stay tuned and we will keep you posted!

Sources: A速weaks and Sentry_NC
    This article was originally published in forum thread: A速weaks Teases Major Upcoming Update for Auxo 3 for iOS 8 started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
      Jj2345 -
      Good,because it makes my iPad Air lag like hell
      bmwraw8482 -
      After all the hype I bought auxo recently. Found it incredibly annoying. ie: it took extra steps to use the flashlight, among other things. Anyone else feel the same way?
      Supa_xL -
      Hope he makes an update to Apex 2. Have some issues with that tweak
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      After all the hype I bought auxo recently. Found it incredibly annoying. ie: it took extra steps to use the flashlight, among other things. Anyone else feel the same way?
      The settings are confusing but you can make it so your QuickLaunches are always visible instead of the Music Player. Reachability option has to be turned off in their settings to do this.
      bmwraw8482 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
      The settings are confusing but you can make it so your QuickLaunches are always visible instead of the Music Player. Reachability option has to be turned off in their settings to do this.
      But after disabling everything in its settings, what's the point of the tweak?
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
      But after disabling everything in its settings, what's the point of the tweak?

You're only disabling the Reachability part. Then it opens up the option for how you display the QuickLaunches

Or, if you disable Minimal Display BUT turn on Reachability, it'll look like this:
      oldskoolsk8r -
      I'll stick with Tage!
      McInnis7 -
      You're only disabling the Reachability part. Then it opens up the option for how you display the QuickLaunches

Or, if you disable Minimal Display BUT turn on Reachability, it'll look like this:
      What exactly do you mean about reachability part?
      McInnis7 -

What are you using to theme the toggles? Cctoggles or polis?
      Anthony Bouchard -
      Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
      I'll stick with Tage!
      I personally like Auxo better, but to each their own!
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by McInnis7 View Post
      What exactly do you mean about reachability part?
      It's an option in the Advanced tab of Auxo

Quote Originally Posted by McInnis7 View Post
      What are you using to theme the toggles? Cctoggles or polis?
      QuickActivator for the Toggles. HideMe8 for the 'all square' buttons
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
      I personally like Auxo better, but to each their own!
      I like Auxo, too, but recently uninstalled it and have gone back to using the normal Control Center.

Occasionally my device will go into a state of not being able to open any apps. If I lock the device, I'm not able to wake it back up and I'm forced to reboot. The other option is to Respring from Control Center BUT Auxo won't work during these times. Normal Control Center worx, though, so I've decided to revert back to that since I can Respring from it.
      toneatless -

Any idea why Quick Launcher is greyed out in advance options for me?
      thazsar -
      Quote Originally Posted by toneatless View Post
      Any idea why Quick Launcher is greyed out in advance options for me?
      Is Minimal Display turned on? If so, either turn it off OR turn off Reachability. Either of those ON will disable the QuickLaunch option
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook