• Apple's Upcoming iOS 8.1.3 Firmware Update Could Arrive as Early as Next Week

In the middle of December, evidence of internal testing of a new iOS firmware dubbed 8.1.3 was surfacing. Since then, it has been in question as to when the new firmware would be released to the public.

MacRumors reports that Web traffic from Apple's iOS 8.1.3 firmware has sky-rocketed this week, indicating that a release is imminently approaching. Above is a graph from the report that shows the iOS 8.1.3 firmware adoption having grown. In fact, following a recent report from BGR, Apple is preparing an update that should be ready by "next week."

We’ve been told that Apple is planning on releasing an iOS 8 software update sometime next week. Whether it’s a beta seed or a public release, our source couldn’t confirm, but the company is currently planning on making a move around Tuesday or Wednesday.
    As a minor update to iOS 8.1.2, iOS 8.1.3 is expected to include bug fixes and security enhancements. It's also unknown at this point in time if iOS 8.1.3 will patch the TaiG jailbreak for iOS 8. While we will be keeping our fingers crossed in that it doesn't, it's very possible that it could, so when released it would be a good idea to stay away from the update under prominent members of the jailbreak community have dissected it to get down to the nitty-gritty.

Notably, iOS 8.2 with WatchKit is in developer beta testing at this point in time as well, and will be released to the public sometime in the first quarter of this year.

We will continue to keep you updated on the latest, so stay tuned!

Sources: BGR via MacRumors
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple's Upcoming iOS 8.1.3 Firmware Update Could Arrive as Early as Next Week started by Anthony Bouchard View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      omg_its_roger -
      Is anyone having issues connecting to WiFi? I can connect to other networks, but when trying to connect to my home wifi I just get "Incorrect Password" even though I'm 100% positive im entering it correct. My other devices connect just fine. Im using an iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, unjailbroken (doing that today ^_^ )
      SpiderManAPV -
      No issues here
      perealb -
      Quote Originally Posted by omg_its_roger View Post
      Is anyone having issues connecting to WiFi? I can connect to other networks, but when trying to connect to my home wifi I just get "Incorrect Password" even though I'm 100% positive im entering it correct. My other devices connect just fine. Im using an iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, unjailbroken (doing that today ^_^ )
      Interesting you say that. I can't connect to your wifi either!
      Jahooba -
      I'm not having any issues, but if you have a dual-channel router try setting a different WEP key for each channel. Oh, before you do that cycle your router off and on first to see if that fixes it
      Jokadaking -
      You might want to reset your network settings on your iPhone in the settings. If it's the phone that should do it.
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Not having any problems here.
      flash66 -
      As said above, reset network settings but also rename your network to something else and it'll work again.
      HovikGas -
      Does anyone else have a problem of iCloud constantly asking for my password?
      yukikenzo -
      As long as they don't patch the latest jailbreak I'm fine with it. I had a lot of Wifi connection issues on 8.1. 8.1.2 almost fixed them until recently when my connection failed. It tried to reconnect several times getting 3 bar down to 1 bar then disconnects itself again.
      datboibubba -
      Is anybody having issues with bluetooth connections? Since updating to 8.1.2 my phone wont connect to my car anymore...will 8.1.3 be a fix?
      hales1976 -
      why not today
      StaceyMJ86 -
      Quote Originally Posted by datboibubba View Post
      Is anybody having issues with bluetooth connections? Since updating to 8.1.2 my phone wont connect to my car anymore...will 8.1.3 be a fix?
      I haven't been having any issues with Bluetooth connecting to my car but I sometimes can not change the songs from my CDs and phone with the controls on my steering wheel. I don't know if it's my phone or my car fault.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook