• Apple, Amazon Pledge More Content for Streaming Platforms

The living room has become the latest battleground for Apple and Amazon to wage war for their dominance in yet another suddenly-integral market -- streaming content.

Consequently, Apple -- with everything from iTunes to Apple TV -- and Amazon -- with everything from Prime to Fire TV -- are duking it out again this week, trying to win over customers with new offerings pledged for their respective platforms.

On Monday, Apple went the sports route by serving up something for tennis fans. The latest sports channel to land on Apple TV is Tennis Channel Everywhere. Cable subscribers can access the channel directly or pay a subscription fee for all the tennis content they can handle on Apple TV.

With Apple now making tennis a major component of its available sports programming, Apple's offerings across the sporting spectrum are now truly comprehensive and diverse, with channels now covering NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, UFC, pro wrestling and more.

Not to be outdone, however, news broke Monday that Amazon is poised to push ahead with new content as well, primarily films. "The online retailer plans to produce and acquire up to a dozen films a year, for release in movie theaters and via its online video service," The U.K. Guardian reports.

Source: Guardian
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple, Amazon Pledge More Content for Streaming Platforms started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 6 Comments
      odoggy75 -
      Tired of all of these "Clips and Highlights" channels. I want live streams and give us an App store already!
      trialnterror -
      Quote Originally Posted by odoggy75 View Post
      Tired of all of these "Clips and Highlights" channels. I want live streams and give us an App store already!
      + that
      NSXrebel -
      All it would take for me to buy an TV would be for FIA and FIM to offer Formula 1 and MotoGP, respectively, on TV similar to what WWE does with their wrestling programming with WWE Network. I'll gladly pay for a season pass to watch the races live. Until then, I'll just stick to torrenting the races after the fact or watch ****** quality streams.
      Kyle Matthews -
      Agreed - sports is the main reason people can't cut cable completely.
      vXBaKeRXv -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
      Agreed - sports is the main reason people can't cut cable completely.
      IT posts 😂

Ben awhile sense he said anything publicly on here.
      Not sure if his feedback counts-
      Muhaha
      gldoorii -
      I just really REALLY want a Plex app already.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook