• NBC Offering Free Streaming of Superbowl XLIX on iPad and iPod Touch Devices

Those who are football fans should be happy to know that users residing in the U.S. will be able to watch 11 hours of NBC content on the iPod Touch and iPad without having cable subscription. The content will be available through the NBC Sports Live Extra app and NBCSports.com. This is all part of the “Super Stream Sunday” promotion that NBCUniversal announced. The 2015 Super Bowl XLIX will be on Sunday, February 1st and the Super Stream Sunday promotion will begin at noon on the 1st.

It has been announced that Katy Perry will be this year’s Super Bowl performer and all pre and post games, the Super Bowl XLIX, and the halftime show will be available for streaming. Those who follow TV show The Blacklist will also have an episode to watch during the Super Stream Sunday promotion. This is definitely a great way to satisfy all football fans as they won’t need to miss any part of the Super Bowl this year since the streaming will be free for everyone. Typically, those who try to access this content will have to login first.

Unfortunately, this promotion will not be viewable on the iPhone or any smartphone for that matter because it did not receive live-streaming rights for the NFL. The NFL has exclusive rights with mobile carrier Verizon Wireless and therefore the content will only be viewable on the iPad and iPod Touch using the NBC Sports Live Extra app. You can download the app for free from Apple’s App Store.

Source: NBC
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NBC Offering Free Streaming of Superbowl XLIX on iPad and iPod Touch Devices started by Akshay Masand View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      SpiderManAPV -
      Wait... So, my old iPod touch can stream it, but my iPhone can't? That's really dumb, but at least I get some use out of keeping that dumb thing.
  • Connect With Us

• Twitter Box

• Facebook